RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Drivers seat heating/cooling.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Mac35

Scotland 
Drivers seat heating/cooling.

Picked up my car the other day and wasn’t sure if the drivers seat climate system was working or not. Took the filter off the base fan unit, also took the back off the seat to check the back fan unit and neither were working when commanded to cooling or heating. I found it strange that even cooling function didn’t work. I ordered a Gap tool yesterday and it arrived today so scanned the car and have two codes relating to the seat. The one code is stored in the seat module as “U3001-46 (2F) Control module improper shutdown - System internal failure - calibration/parameter memory failure” and the other is in the HVAC system it is “B1418-87 (2F) Front right - Seat climate control module - Bus signal/message failure - missing a message”. Now I’m guessing the first code relates to the driver seat climate control module having failed which in turn is causing the second code in the HVAC as it can’t communicate with the seat climate module. So, am I jumping to conclusions here or would a replacement seat climate module potentially fix my issue?

Tomorrow when I have time I’m going to have a good look under the seat at all the wiring and connections to check if there is anything obvious. Also I’ll take the back fan unit from the passenger side and try it on the driver side to see if it works. If not I would think my initial assumption might be correct.

Post #638394 Thu Dec 28 2023 10:41pm
joboco

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Java Black

Hi, did you ever find the faut that gave the code U3001-46 (2F)?

Post #640920 Thu Apr 04 2024 12:11pm
Mac35

Scotland 

Still haven’t got to the bottom of that code yet. I’m assuming a new seat module needed but everything works as it should so could be a calibration issue. I’ll have to do some more digging. My focus has been trying to get to the bottom of my handbrake issue lately.

Post #640921 Thu Apr 04 2024 1:18pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1