Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Ace pipes LR015144
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

Spiller2001

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze
Ace pipes LR015144

Hi all
I'm hoping some one can help and point me in the right direction, I'm asking on behalf of my dad he is after a set of ace pipes part number LR015144 we are struggling to locate any or the is a huge waiting time on them any help appreciated

Post #636897 Sat Oct 28 2023 5:04pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

I think everyone is waiting on them,, every comment I have seen lately points to them being on back order so unless you can find a hydraulic shop that can make you a set. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #636899 Sat Oct 28 2023 6:57pm
Spiller2001

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Nara Bronze

Thanks

Post #636934 Sun Oct 29 2023 7:22pm
AllanMac

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Java Black

Hi All. New to this forum so hopefully I am asking in the correct place. I am currently running a 2013 RRS SDV6 with an Overfinch bodykit and also experiencing a leak on one of my ACE pipes coming from the pump rendering my the vehicle unusable, but cannot find any supplies of the LR01544 ACE pipes front kit and nobody seems to know when they may be back in stock. Anybody know of any supplier that may have current stock, or have some inside information as to when they might be back in stock?

I am currently also looking at options for a temporary repair by cutting the leaking section out and getting a hydraulic company to make me up a short hose with compressions fittings to hopefully do a temporary fix while I await stock. Has anybody done this before and did it work? I believe the max working pressure is around 135bar from the pump so not sure if the compression fittings will work and end up getting stranded or destroying my pump. Also aware I can get a shorter belt and tensioner to replace the pump to take the ACE pump out of the circuit completely, but would prefer to repair the pipe if possible to keep the ACE system functioning, or repair leak with hose and jubilee clips for now but put pump in to recirculating mode with no pressure but not sure how to get the PCV in the block to go fully open whilst locking the pressure in the front and rear ARBs by also closing the DCVs. I have seen something about removing relay 14 to disable ACE which effectively then locks the ARBs but not sure if that would also put the PCV fully open to create a recirculating circuit for the pump to run at no or very low pressure so I don't have to remove the pump to fit a belt tensioner and shorter belt. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

Post #638831 Mon Jan 15 2024 1:18pm
JAMO1282

England 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

I'm in a similar predicament mate, no stock of the pipes for a 2011 RRS TDV6 😔😔. I was wondering if a hydraulic company would be able to make them if I take the old ones in 🤔 like Pirtek....

Post #638945 Fri Jan 19 2024 9:25am
AllanMac

Hi Jamo1282, I have actually managed to do a temporary repair by cutting out the bad section and getting Pirtek to make up a piece of hydraulic hose with 10mm compression fittings rated to 180 bar, (next size up from the 135 bar system working pressure which I have read may spike to 150 bar on hard use so erred on the safe side), as it was the pressure line from the pump that started leaking on mine just behind the drivers side front suspension. So far so good after about 60 miles driven with no alarms and no more fluid leaks. I was able to cut back one side to a clean bit of pipe which was under the clamp, but the other side was still pretty corroded but still managed to seal after a bit of cleaning up the worst of the corrosion. The 180 bar WP enabled torquing up the compression fittings with a high torque. Have still ordered a complete set to replace my front pipes but at least I have an option to repair whilst awaiting the back order to arrive which may be some months yet!

I have attached some pictures of the pipe and the repair. Hope this helps.

Post #638946 Fri Jan 19 2024 12:14pm
JAMO1282

Hello mate thankyou for your reply. 1 of mine that is split is the bottom pipe right where it bend round under the chassis and attached to a rubber pipe, I've only had a quick look at the moment so will get a clearer idea when I get it up a hight.. Its good to know that Pirtek can manufacture something tho..

It's a night mare trying to get the parts, I've asked land-rover but they say on back order 😔, have you placed a order for them woth them and do you have to pay upfront?

This might sound crazy but in wondering if a set off a land rover have the same fitting connection into the valve block and I could use that amd cut the pipe then use a compression fitting and get a good seal with it being new pipe 🤔, maybe am way off I'm no mechanic bit my head is spinning with it...

Thanks

Post #638947 Fri Jan 19 2024 12:25pm
AllanMac

Hopefully the photos should be attached now. First time using this forum. I have ordered my pipes through Peter Vardy Land Rover in Aberdeen, Scotland and don't have to pay for them until they come back in stock. They will call me when they are back in stock. They have a few sets on back order for various customers but still don't have an ETA on when they might receive new stock.

In terms of what can be used from a donor vehicle, not sure, not a mechanic myself either so not sure what land rovers had a similar set up you could potentially use. There are low pressure and high pressure lines though which would dictate what pressure rating of pipe and connections would be required.

Post #638949 Fri Jan 19 2024 1:13pm
JAMO1282

Yeh my local land rover dealer in carlisle wants me to pay upfront for the pipes 😔. Think I'm going to try your fix, will get the bit cut out and visit Pirtek.

Thanks for your help mate, I will report back in a week or so 🤞🤞..

Post #638958 Fri Jan 19 2024 5:09pm
Flinders

England 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Sumatra Black

Jamo1282 have you managed to source parts or get from Pirtek? If from Pirtek how much did it cost and was it easy to fit?

We’ve been waiting 4 months for the arc pipes. RRS unusable wasting away on our drive! We ordered parts on critical order back in October but still nothing.

We are wanting to sell the RRS or part ex against a new one but can’t do anything whilst it’s off the road so looking for other solutions just to get moving again at least with it! Thud Anyone know where we would have more chance of getting the parts or another way of fixing it?

We’ve been told 3 different stories by LR staff as to why no parts. 1. Parts stuck on a tanker 2. Company that made them went bust and new supplier making them and expected January 3. JLR moved their warehouse and no one knows where all the parts are! Not sure which one was the truth! Rolling with laughter

Post #640063 Wed Feb 28 2024 10:20pm
JAMO1282

Yes mate it's been back in action a few weeks now, although the alternator went on it straight after I repaired the pipes 🤦‍♂️ (that was a pig of a job 🤣) but yes I cut out the 2 bust pipes, measured the length of hoses I needed and went to pirtek with the sort of hoses I required and fittings needed. All good so far 🤞🤞🤞. Cost me £140 for the 2 hoses and fixings, just made them up as I waited... Ive added a pic to the gallery, not the prettiest BUT it works lol. Will send you a pic of my receipt of the parts needed obviously length of hoses depends on how m7ch you require 🤷‍♂️..

I don't seem to be able to add a clear picture of receipt of parts 🤔.

Last edited by JAMO1282 on Sun Mar 17 2024 5:00pm. Edited 1 time in total

Post #640072 Thu Feb 29 2024 10:30am
Flinders

Thank you for the positive update! We have some hope now!

Still getting nowhere with LR Customer Relations. Spoke to them today and there are 15 other people before us waiting for the arc pipes just at our dealership! It’s been escalated to parts operations so we will see what next but in the meantime we can look at your solution with pirtek so thank you for this. Thumbs Up

Was it a body off job when you replaced? Hoping nothing else has seized up whilst it’s been stood since October Rolling Eyes

Post #640078 Thu Feb 29 2024 9:55pm
JAMO1282

Your welcome. I'm on a waiting list also but if this continues to do the job probably won't bother getting them..

No actually managed to change the Alternator, lying on the floor 🤣 was a nightmare tho not much room 😅 6 hr job 😒..

Post #640079 Thu Feb 29 2024 10:13pm
Notyalc

United Kingdom 

Flinders wrote:
Jamo1282 have you managed to source parts or get from Pirtek? If from Pirtek how much did it cost and was it easy to fit?

We’ve been waiting 4 months for the arc pipes. RRS unusable wasting away on our drive! We ordered parts on critical order back in October but still nothing.

We are wanting to sell the RRS or part ex against a new one but can’t do anything whilst it’s off the road so looking for other solutions just to get moving again at least with it! Thud Anyone know where we would have more chance of getting the parts or another way of fixing it?

We’ve been told 3 different stories by LR staff as to why no parts. 1. Parts stuck on a tanker 2. Company that made them went bust and new supplier making them and expected January 3. JLR moved their warehouse and no one knows where all the parts are! Not sure which one was the truth! Rolling with laughter

No 3 was definitely true, they lost or could not find loads of parts. Amateurs!

Post #640097 Fri Mar 01 2024 5:24pm
Flinders

Jamo1282 you’re lucky you can do the work yourself Bow down I’ll have to take ours to a garage to get it done Rolling Eyes . To replace the arc pipe with the pirtek pipe did you manage that without taking the body off?

I can well believe the incompetence of JLR losing parts! They won’t admit that to me at customer relations! Rolling with laughter

Post #640104 Fri Mar 01 2024 8:47pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>