RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > Sasha’s Pre Production Range Rover Sport L320
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>

Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Coming along really well. I VAX'd my carpets a couple of years ago and the colour of the water was shocking, yet it looked clean. Might do it again this year after two wet winters.

I have a strange one, where my headlights are grazed on the inside. I've refurnished the outerside which cleared up a little but the ageing is inside. Trying not to spend big ££££ on replacements. 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #639801 Mon Feb 19 2024 7:31am
Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue

Are you sure it's the insides I just did my headlights

Post #639802 Mon Feb 19 2024 9:26am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

That's exactly what mine look like after they've been done in your second photo. I took my lights out and did them on my workbench. Might give them another go Embarassed 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #639816 Mon Feb 19 2024 6:51pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

If they look like that try polishing with T cut or Meguires scratch X

Post #639817 Mon Feb 19 2024 6:55pm
Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue

You need to use 2500 or 3000 wet n dry on them 1st then 5 mins with a polisher or similar with some cutting compound on them. Job done

Post #639819 Mon Feb 19 2024 7:01pm
MHSPORT08

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

I wonder if the person at RR who evaluated and signed off the reliability on these has subsequently been fired? Rolling with laughter

Good project, nice to have one with that history.

How does the centre console come out? I've some blown bulbs in mine and the cig lighter doesn't work and it bugs me

Keep the updates coming

Post #639831 Tue Feb 20 2024 8:44am
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Pull the silver trim off around the radio. (From the bottom)

You pull the wood or silver strips sidewards at the back, and go from there.

Post #639832 Tue Feb 20 2024 9:50am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

MHSPORT08 wrote:
I wonder if the person at RR who evaluated and signed off the reliability on these has subsequently been fired? Rolling with laughter

They were evaluated for being long range, comfortable sports cruisers with great off road capability. They weren't evaluated for being 2-mile shopping trolleys / school run prams.

They're great at the former and, strangely, get arsey when made to do the latter. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #639836 Tue Feb 20 2024 5:18pm
SashaGrace

Wales 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Giverney Green

Thanks all,

I need to touch up the drivers side headlight. I’m not happy with the finish along the bottom, it could be better. My lights were really bad so I started at 1200 grit to get the bite I needed to get to here.

I took the car to have a pair of tyres fitted today so it’s ready for it’s MoT and I’m super happy, it drives much better already with 4 matching tyres, I feel cleansed! Tracking next and MoT and I can relax for a year.

Also today the car officially for the first time in my ownership has no broken buttons on the dash. The ‘Auto’ button on the climate panel and the pdc off switch were both broken and I’ve now fixed those by taking good buttons from other parts to keep mine as original as possible. Just the cup holder drawer and a leather repair to the drivers seat and the interior will be done for cosmetic repairs for now.

Post #639859 Wed Feb 21 2024 8:44pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Ah, a proper control panel where there are real buttons rather than a single bloody great screen that has to be navigated. Sometimes the old ways are the best. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #639874 Thu Feb 22 2024 10:39am
Boxers

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

Looks like it's all coming together well, I've spent a fair bit on my 2007 TDV8 since I purchased it just over 4 years ago, recently had all new brake pipes fitted & booked in for new suspension compressor, keep up the good work 👍

Post #639883 Thu Feb 22 2024 2:31pm
SashaGrace

I must say I’m quite liking having buttons, though my still unsold daily driver that I still use most days has proper climate buttons as well and I intend, in time, to use the OE screen for a CarPlay interface but I’m in no rush, there are other things that need doing first, not least diagnosing the front speakers not working which I’ll try and jump into on Sunday.

In the meantime, the new roller blind for the cupholder arrived and I’ve fitted it and put the console back in the car. Much better Smile

Sorry a lot of the images are taken in the dark and exposed later, I can only do most of the work on the car after work when it’s going dark but I’m hoping to do a few bits over the next few weekends. I’ve ordered some fresh polish and pads to get stuck in to the paintwork on the left side of the car and I’ll see how much can be saved as I might decide to have the door tops blended down when I get the right side done as one door has a dent and the other wasn’t always green and that’s quite obvious up close so the whole right side needs doing and the top tailgate, plus touch ups to the rear bumper so it might be prudent to do all of it in one if I can’t get 2 right side doors in Giverny Green. There’s a dent on the passenger front door top as well that fresh paint would solve so we’ll have to see but the name of the game at the moment is to freshen it up where I can and then see how much can hold and how much needs fixing right away. The headlining is saggy but that’s also on the ‘eventually, but it’s fine for now’ list.

Post #639930 Fri Feb 23 2024 11:47pm
SashaGrace

The Sport has had its first proper exterior clean which has given me a chance to get up close with the paint and see what can be saved. Looking at the car closely I’m now confident that the only solution is a complete repaint as there’s not a straight panel on the car. In the short term I’ll touch up the worst of the damage and deal with the really bad lacquer but in the next couple of years I think new paint is the way forward.

Massive improvement for a days work though, it’s looking OK from 5 feet away and it desperately needs the Range Rover script adding back to the bonnet and the fog light trims so they are next. Cross fingers that passes its MoT on Tuesday for me and then I need to inspect the oily bits.

Post #640130 Sun Mar 03 2024 11:04pm
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Looks good - 🤞

Post #640135 Mon Mar 04 2024 9:29am
SashaGrace

Noooooooo 😭😭😭

Gutted about the indicator as I checked that yesterday and it was working (and it still is so not sure what happened there). Nevermind, will pick it up at 1:30 and I have the luxury of being able to see it on the ramp so I can check the rest of it over. The fuel tank cradle must be bad on the inner side of it as it looked ok from a quick glance. Centre bearing and new tank cradle ordered (crikey they are expensive!) and I’ll get it sorted over the weekend. Minor points, could be worse. Then I’ll look at the rear suspension and move on to the next thing I’m sure 😄

Post #640181 Tue Mar 05 2024 9:26pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>