Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > RRS HSE 3.0TD 2010 Park heater not working
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AcePratt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver
RRS HSE 3.0TD 2010 Park heater not working

Hi All,

Had my PH enabled last week, but it fails to operate off either the timer option or the manual heat option. Timed and manual vent are working fine. Also the FBH is operational and working as it should.

FYI if I select manual heat, the touch screen does show this is selected, but nothing happens. If I start the car for a minute or two, then switch off and select manual heat, the heater fans activate and the FBH remains on, as it would anyway when the engine is still cold. However the FBH switches off after a few minutes, leaving the heater fans still running for the half an hour....

I have checked with the dealer to ensure the CCF has "Park Heat" selected and he assured me it was. I have also checked and charged the battery overnight to eliminate this possibility. The car is 3/4 full of fuel.

Lastly I have an error code "lost coms with aux heater control module". So I'm wondering if I actually have the control module fitted, but I do not know where to locate this. I'm guessing the right rear quarter behind the boot trim, I have had a look but as I only have a small viewing door, I cannot say either way!!

Any ideas?

Post #638941 Fri Jan 19 2024 8:11am
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

How cold is it there? When did you last drive the car?

Heat should operate below 16° I think and vent above 16°.

It will not operate if the engine isn’t started in 24 hours.

My manual heat always acts up, not sure entirely why, but think it’s to do with the vehicle system powering down after two minutes. My timed heat is like clockwork so long as everything is as it should be. I’ve had the fuel light on and it still comes on.

It will take about two minutes to actually start up. Mine is set to 7:15am and I hear it go for it at 7:17am. Pretty sure it’s warming up those first two minutes before going full tilt.

I also get communications faults with the FBH, yet timed heat still works. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #638950 Fri Jan 19 2024 1:27pm
AcePratt

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Siberian Silver

Thanks No Expert.

It's been -7 degC for the last few days here, so plenty cold enough. Also the car is used daily. I have the timed heat to come on at 08:00 for half an hour. I have checked repeatedly shortly after the planned start time, but ten minutes later, still no joy!!

Post #638951 Fri Jan 19 2024 1:31pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Very odd. Who did the activation? 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #638952 Fri Jan 19 2024 2:02pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1