RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Would you buy now, and what?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Concept

Would you buy now, and what?

Sold my 19 TDV8 AB about 6 months ago, as wasn’t using it much, but things have changed.

I noticed it still for sale at a main dealer, £8k less than they paid me, so enquired and put in a cheeky offer only to be told it was already under offer.

It peaked my interest in getting back in to an RRS again, but worried with all the scare stories about theft, high insurance, and reliability, especially the SDV6!

Happy to spend up to around £50k, which gets me an SVR, or my choice of anything really.

What’s the sweet spot?

Would only buy through a dealer due to warranty and support. Current - 2019 L494 AB Dynamic
Gone - 2017 L494 AB Dynamic, Carpathian Grey, Ivory Leather, Stealth and 22’s

Post #637985 Sun Dec 10 2023 9:03pm
Pufftmw

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Stornoway Grey

So, something I've given a lot of absent minded, maybe piddled thought to...

I'm a somewhat pedantic and practical person. I've absolutely loved owning my RRS as it does everything I want it to (and its used/abused) very well and comfortably too. My other car is also very practical.

If I won the lottery big time - SVR 100%
If my RRS died, probably an old Defender so as to continue the all round ability.
Possibly a second hand Tesla S/X if life just carries on and my XC70 goes
Pay the mortgage off - new Defender
There's also Censored /giggles and that's a GSXR 1000 and/or 250cc+ 4 stroke crosser

Post #638010 Mon Dec 11 2023 6:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

If you want an SVR then make sure you can get a reasonable insurance quote first. Indeed, that's the case with any JLR at the moment, it seems.

But if I had £50k, I'd buy something for half that and use the rest for something else. £25k will get you plenty of RRS to play with unless you must have something relatively new.

E.g.: https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/2...mp;fromsra 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #638016 Mon Dec 11 2023 7:41pm
Farmer Chalk

Personally I would go and buy a lottery ticket because you have the luck of the devil…got out when it was good and sold for good money..anyone buying a JLR product currently needs their head examined.. you might as well set fire to the cache of money you are about to lose..not only depreciation, insurance costs and now other marque dealers are embargoing any JLR part ex… so you are stuck with it..
They may be awesome cars but no car is that good to fritter your money away on.. my car’s value has free fallen and lost over £20k in two months

I feel desperately sorry for those who financed their cars through normal HP terms.. huge loan and car will never recover its value.. fortunately I bought mine through a PCP and will be voluntarily returning it as soon as the finance plan has gone half distance to minimise my losses..let the finance company take the hit…

Post #638030 Tue Dec 12 2023 12:01am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The corollary of that argument is that there will be a lot of decent LRs on the second hand market where, for people that are happy to buy a car and run it for a long time, there will be some absolute bargains to be had.

I bought my current RRS for c.£25k and have run it for several years and it now has 150k on the clock. WBAC reckon £3k. Private is going to be £4-5k. But I will likely keep it for another year and then look around to see what can be bought for c.£25k then. Like as not, I'll be able to find a very nice, well spec'd, RRS that will then do me for several more years. It'll be run in parallel to an EV in all likelihood.

My previous RRS was bought for a similar amount and sold privately for £4k with 175k miles on it after several years. So long as one doesn't require a new car, it's a perfectly reasonable way to have a nice car at an affordable level. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #638034 Tue Dec 12 2023 10:05am
Lrstaylor

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Bali Blue

My mates insurance company just got a red notice on tesla meaning they won't insure them any more it's the start of the ev down fall. He won't comment on landrover products either.

Post #638057 Tue Dec 12 2023 8:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1