RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > FBH Manual heat/vent problem
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White
FBH Manual heat/vent problem

Shortly after getting my L320 I enabled the FBH timed heat function. I set the two times (2010/2011 only have two time slots) and it runs fine at these times for 30 minutes as it should for the most part. The problem I encounter is if I get in the car, turn on the radio, access the Timed Heater function and manually turn on the heater or vent, it will run for exactly two minutes and shut down. If I then exit the car, some time later it will then run for the 30 minutes as it should have when I initially hit the button on the screen. I have tried this on both a cold and hot engine and get the same results. Would be nice to get this working correctly so I can run the manual heater rather than leaving my car idling in the street before putting my 15 month old daughter in the car. Any ideas what’s going on? 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #636820 Wed Oct 25 2023 3:40am
Goffy

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Alaska White

It is my understanding that in order for the FBH to kick in there must be:-

1) ambient temp below 15C

2) at least 1/4 tank of fuel

3) sufficient battery charge

I think that running the radio will cause sufficient drain to knock the FBH out.

In other words, it's operating correctly.

Post #636830 Wed Oct 25 2023 12:11pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

Think we’re talking apples and oranges. I’m talking about the manual option on the screen. My timed heater works fine, I just can’t get it to run more than two minutes on manual mode from the screen.

1) Not with the manual heat/vent option on the screen. It does what you select.

2) I have had the fuel light on and it still fire up on timed mode, so I don’t agree with that one. When I have tried there has been plenty of fuel in it anyway.

3) Battery isn’t the issue since it will work in timed mode and I wasn’t playing the radio, but you have to turn on the screen to run manual heat/vent.

As such, it’s not operating correctly since if it works in timed it should essentially run in manual mode. So something isn’t right or I didn’t setup something correctly. 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #636834 Wed Oct 25 2023 4:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1