Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > P400E running rough when cold
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

paul r

United Kingdom 
P400E running rough when cold

Hi,

I have a 2019 P400e. I've noticed the engine seems to run a bit rough when cold. This goes away when it's warmed up. I only notice it when it's out of EV mode and doing upto 30mph. If the engine kicks in on the motorway, it's not noticeable. It runs fine and pulls like a train.

It is due a major service in about 8 months which includes plugs and filters etc. It currently has 43k miles on the clock, so service is due july/48k miles.

Is this a common issue? do you think I should bring the service forward, as it feels like it could just be the plugs that need replacing as I do a lot of short journeys (mainly in EV mode), or could there be another issue?

Cheers,

Paul.

Post #636717 Fri Oct 20 2023 10:26am
JDPRRSUK

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Santorini Black

Could be oil that needs changing? Some hybrids do suffer from oil degradation and Walter in oil due to it not always getting up to temp with electric kicking in in short journeys. Take the filler cap off and see if it is clear oil or like milky sludge.

Post #636724 Fri Oct 20 2023 10:14pm
cormacr

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi Paul, same car, same year, same issue. I highlighted it to the dealer before the 3 year warranty expired and was told is was common and just a feature of this engine! I was a bit stunned and reported it to LR customer service and rubbished the dealer on the post service survey. Never heard back from them, it still happens occasionally - it’s like a slight misfire until the engine gets warmed up. Not a huge problem but it shouldn’t happen at all when you’re paying that kind of money for a car. Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini
Current: Mini Cooper SE Electric 2022
Current: Discovery D300 SE Commercial MY24
Gone: RRS 3.0TDV6 HSE MY 17 Santorini

Post #636744 Sun Oct 22 2023 9:30pm
paul r

United Kingdom 

Hi,

OK that's interesting. Do you find it happens after an oil change or is it better?

As I do lots of short journeys, I'm going to do an oil change at 6k miles to be on the safe side. It definitely seems more noticeable now the weather is cold.

Cheers,

Paul.

Post #636745 Sun Oct 22 2023 9:46pm
cormacr

Ireland 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Oil changes don’t seem to make any difference. I do a lot of short journeys on electric too.
Any time I check the oil it appears perfectly clean, never even goes black like you would see in a diesel.
It hasn’t got any worse in the four years I’ve had the car and once the engine is running for a minute it’s perfect. Current: RRS P400e PHEV HSE Dynamic MY19.5 Santorini
Current: Mini Cooper SE Electric 2022
Current: Discovery D300 SE Commercial MY24
Gone: RRS 3.0TDV6 HSE MY 17 Santorini

Post #636746 Sun Oct 22 2023 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1