RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L461) > Wind noise
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

DCP

Northern Ireland 

So, the car has now been with the dealer for over two weeks as there was a delay from LR in sending out the required parts to perform the ‘bulletin’ fix. SA now suggesting that the problem still exists..

What are my options from here? Reject the car with no more first editions available or just put up with it?

What would you do?

Post #633201 Fri May 19 2023 12:06pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
On the malfunctioning fuel filler cap

HI DCP, what is the issue and what wont they fix ? Is it the external flap not locking ? and what model do you have please ?

On the malfunctioning fuel filler cap apparently my VIN has revealed that there is no fix and that particular line won’t be rectified…

Post #633204 Fri May 19 2023 2:15pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

Thw issue is that the manufacturer so called fix hasn’t worked. The wind noise still persists so my question is what are my options?

Post #633212 Fri May 19 2023 9:02pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

Ps I am in a D350 First Ed

Post #633216 Fri May 19 2023 10:22pm
MClarke

United Kingdom 

Hi DCP

I have a similar issue (along with other problems) with my new p440e. I noticed an excessive draft noise when leaving the dealership. It's turned out to be the front quarter glass on the front passenger door. Also, the steering wheel clicks when turning and there's multiple issues with infotainment / screen- it's been a nightmare.

After taking the car back on 3 occasions for them to fix, they finally attempted the works but have apparently discovered that a seal for the glass is warped and it's on back order, the door can't be put back together without the seal and they have told me it could be months until they can fix it. I had the car for a total of 5 days and since then I've had a courtesy car, another p440e but lower specification. I've now been waiting over a month so I'm trying to decide what to do.

The dealership seemed overly keen to give me my money back and take the car so I had to escalate it with a dealership Director who has been much more helpful and given good advice on what I can expect in the way of compensation, should I ever get the vehicle back!

For now I'm still paying for my car but I have use of the courtesy until mine is fixed. The dealership offered me a free 3 year service plan to start with but they have since told me to hold out until I get the car back as the compensation could be more excessive if I'm without the car for months rather than weeks, they have also put in writing that I can cancel for a full refund at any time during this period.

hope this helps

Post #633260 Mon May 22 2023 10:23am
GJW1

United Kingdom 

Did the triangular windows get replaced and not fix that issue DCP ? I know they are out of stock i had to wait two weeks for more stock but it did fix the issue for me although the car has more wind noise than my 2016 car which is in general.

As mentioned before my fuel cap does lock and from posts on here it was a early delivery car so im surprised it cant be fixed at some stage.

MClarke I have issues with my P440e but to be honest have looked at other cars and cant find a better one for the money so im still here. You can sell the car to the trade for about 5k over list maybe a little more so dont reject it.

Post #633290 Mon May 22 2023 9:08pm
DCP

Northern Ireland 

Finally and after 4 weeks they have diagnosed the faulty triangular window.. passenger side unit on back order with no ETA so im just getting the car back until it’s ready for fitting..

Post #633455 Wed May 31 2023 9:41am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12