Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ingenium I6D (Diesel) experiences
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

harisson

Switzerland 
Ingenium I6D (Diesel) experiences

hello all Smile

I opened this thread with the purpose to exchange experiences of I6D (Ingenium Inline-Six Diesel) drivers. the I6D was implemented in the very last models of the L494

So, I will start:

engine: D350
bought: 29.10.2021 (new)
mileage: 23km as I took over
mileage now: 20000km

experience until now:
before the D350 I had a SDV6 (306hp, MY16) and drove about 56000km with it. compared to my new D350 it is a very huge step ahead. the new I6D is very smooth, silent and extremly powerful.
as I am living in Switzerland, my driving ends with about 135km/h on the motorway/autobahn, but I had a few times the possibilty to drive on the German autobahn. I drove 210km/h in maximum and it is really crazy how fast this engines pushes the car to these speeds..
last Saturday I drove with my family back from our new years vacation and did a 1000km trip from Bosnia to Switzerland (driven through Croatia, Slovenia, Austria, Germany) and had a variation of speeds. at the end I had a (calculated!) consumtion of 9.2l/100km
all in all: the new I6D engine is a peach of an engine. What I specially like is, that it is very powerful (!), surprisingly quite, extremly refined and economical.

regarding DPF:
I have opened a separate thread few months ago. to work I drive 2x15km per day and now I see a pattern, when the DPF regenartion kicks in. Following points indicate, that the regenration is running:
- actual fuel consumtion is abnormally high (on 130km/h normally it shows 7.5-10l. during regeneration it is above 14l and higher. on 50km/h it is about 12l etc.)
- start/stop automatic will not kick in (normally, I disable it anyway)
- idle speed is nearly at 1000rpm when stillstading

here the separate thread about DPF regeneration with few details: Link

Looking into service menu: the next oil change drops with the driven kilometers (not, like it was with the SDV6).
It seems, that the new I6D doesn't suffer from the oil dilution problematik, like the older Lion-engines.
looking into the engine bay there is also visible, that the DPF is close-coupled to the engine -> better DPF regeneration

looking forward to hear from other I6D drivers about their experiences Smile Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #629772 Mon Jan 09 2023 1:37pm
DRW

Wales 

It sounds like your a proper RR owner IE long trips instead of Driveway to School Gate?
Thumbs Up

Post #629941 Mon Jan 16 2023 1:55pm
harisson

Switzerland 

@DRW

let's say so Smile :
I don't use my car for very short trips.
under 10km I don't start my RRS. for short trips we have a small car with a 1.4 petrol engine..

we do more/less four trips to Bosnia and back to Switzerland - that's 2x1000km per trip, means 8000km only long journeys per year.
also in Bosnia per stay we do about 500-1000km per stay..
that's plus/minus about 10000km only for these trips per year

long story short: I try to use the car as it was intended by the inventor Smile

what I am also doing different: the 24months/34000km oil-schedule I shortened to one year and plus/minus 15-17000km - so I will do every year an oil change including oil filter
my wish and goal is to drive the beauty for the next 10 years (in minimum) Range Rover Sport HST D350

Post #629944 Mon Jan 16 2023 2:53pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1