Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > New to the club about my range rover 2011 3.0 v6
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gorillaavtv@gmail.com

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
New to the club about my range rover 2011 3.0 v6

Hi Guys and Girls,
So Ive just bought a 2011 3.0 v6 santorini black RRS 110,000 not a great service history but its been on my bucket list for years so i finally took the plunge, Im under no illusion that this thing will bankrupt me to keep it in good condition or even to keep it on the road, but after driving it for a week i really dont know what else i would want to replace i, its great, So my questions are:

I know about the roulette crank shaft Censored myself every time i drive it, are they less prone in the 2011 or is it still a roll of the dice, I wanted a v8 but couldnt find one,

does the 2011 have the uprated oil pump case or should i look to get it changed,

apparently on the mot there was a minor with slight oil leak but but the break pipes were changed the same day so im thinking it could possibly be a result of oil spilt from that, although i have noticed no drips underneath but the back of the engine looks like there has been dry oil mark on the back if you get what i mean, like its has had oil on it but its dried making it look darker in colour, along with this if i drive it for a while so she gets nice and warm and give it some welly, there is an oil burning smell which i assume is burning the oil off the engine, now i was wondering if the gearbox oil leaks or does the gearbox smell when its been given some welly, i think i read this in another post but i could be wrong,

the gearbox changes perfectly in both modes manual or auto would i notice if it was low on oil an erratic change

the rocker covers have been changed along with timing belt is there anything else i should look to get done?

apologies for waffling on

appreciate any help advice info

have a great christmas

Post #629272 Mon Dec 19 2022 3:28pm
NoExpert

Poland 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Fuji White

2011 has the updated oil pump, but there have been revisions since. I recently changed my original from 2011 with a new one from 2021 and it seems happier.

Crankshaft roulette is pretty much what it is. This was why I went through the time and frustration to change my oil pump and changed the front timing belt since I was there (had already been done just before I bought it). The oil you see may be from the throttle body. They tend to split at the seam between the main body and the Y piece to the inlets. This is how mine was and there was oil on the top of the engine and down the back.

At the worst get the transmission flushed, replace the mechatronic seals, new filter and should be okay. If you want to go all out you can rebuild the mechatronic as well.

My 2011 has similar mileage and it did have an inlet manifold crack (had been repaired at some point and cracked again). I’m going to do the water pump in the near future and new upper coolant inlet and seals as preventative maintenance. I’m also going to be changing diff fluid and transfer case fluid. Did you have a mechanic look it over? 2011 RRS HSE Luxury 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White on Ebony/Ivory
Born and raised in So Cal. Moved to the UK in 2018 for a few years. Now in Poland and looking at moving back to the UK.

Post #629273 Mon Dec 19 2022 4:23pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1