Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L461) > Dynamic se. P440e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

John robinson

United Kingdom 
Dynamic se. P440e

Hi everyone.

Several months ago due to a failure to supply a new hybrid velar to my wife my local John Clark dealer phoned to offer me a choice of 4 cars that had been pre configured and would be here by November at the latest.

I chose the RRS P440e dynamic se.

Fo the last 2 and a half months they have been telling me it’s on hold but imminent. They also are telling me JLR are awful at updating their dealers, which I’ve seen evidenced elsewhere.

So the problem is lack of transparency (I understand there are chip and part supply chain problems)

My question (finally) is: was anyone else offered one of these pre configured first build options and do they have different news than I ?

Many thanks

Post #627957 Fri Nov 04 2022 5:43pm
John robinson

United Kingdom 

Well after a number of chats with the dealership and a very specific call with JLR the holds on my vehicle have magically disappeared and it’s now available to be transported up to dealer. Happy days

I’ve noticed a lot of discussion over various threads about things to look out for: Filler cap alignments, the 400w meridian (I’m ok with this) but I’m most interested in the rumours that vehicles are being delivered ‘repair damaged’. Does anyone have more detailed info on this ?

Other than that is there anything you would advise I check on that coming to light with the new RRS ?

Looking forward to it with all the above caveats

Post #628530 Thu Nov 24 2022 1:34pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Good news re the car being on its way to your dealer. I have only seen one post about repair damage, and tbf this can happen with any new car so just make sure you check that at handover. I am interested to see any replies here too as i am aiming for a collection on Saturday

I plan to print off all the features of the car and instead of ‘give me the keys i want to drive it’ i will take my time and check everything is correct on the car. I’ll even look under the bonnet to check the engine looks right, soft close doors, head up display etc. I’m not taking any chances.

As I’ve begun to realise through forums like this, more often than not we know more than the JLR staff. My salesman told me more than once that if he wasn’t as far along his career path he would have ran a mile from car sales this year.

Post #628532 Thu Nov 24 2022 1:43pm
John robinson

United Kingdom 

Yeah for the first time I’ll be doing the same… I hope they’re prepared for a long handover Smile

Good luck on Saturday, I hope your car is literally showroom! It’d be good to be part of the good news wave.

Post #628544 Thu Nov 24 2022 5:49pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Which dealer John? I am Pentland at fort kinnaird, I’ve just had a video sent through of the car, it looks amazing!!

Post #628546 Thu Nov 24 2022 6:23pm
John robinson

United Kingdom 

That’s a nice touch sending you a video.

I’m Pentland west. Actually one of the reason I’m swapping the f-type is they moved the jag dealership to fort kinnaird and I’m west Edinburgh (I know. V lazy!). Of course it not the only reason Smile

Pentland west is also under a huge renovation of the showroom and the staff are in port a cabins which means I’ll prob be handing over in the car park!

You’ll have it in 2 days, very exciting

Post #628550 Thu Nov 24 2022 7:33pm
ChunkRRS

Scotland 

Yes nice to see the car before I collect it. Same dealer then, I’ve been to that showroom in the past, think it was 2012 when i got my first Evoque, crazy how time flies

Is that not part of the man maths for you justifying changing the car then……ha

Post #628552 Thu Nov 24 2022 8:44pm
Milky400

United Kingdom 

As for damage repaired. Happens a lot, cars are often resorted as they pic up damage. Ask any detailer….

Once had some paintwork done on a new car and it had a number of layers of paint under it from new.

Post #628553 Thu Nov 24 2022 8:54pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1