RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Where did you buy your Climate Control Touchscreen upgrade..
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Karlp606

Where did you buy your Climate Control Touchscreen upgrade..

Hi all,

Just doing some exlporing regarding upgrading my climate control to the touchscreen upgrade (14-17) - Just wanted to get peoples opinions and reviews of them , and most importantly where did you buy them from?
I know there from China but have people had good support/warranty with them?
Any issues to be aware of?

Post #626631 Thu Sep 15 2022 11:28am
Wilco

United Kingdom 

Got mine from Poseidon Automotive Ltd
£349.99 incl postage
Fitted myself took about an hour once worked out how to get the silver trims off the side of the centre console (you need to remove the rear air con console cover in the back). Also the cover around the upper screen is a bit tricky to remover. If you look on powerfuluk.com they have video showing how to remove it.
Unit is just plug and play, so easy to fit with one connector on rear.
You do lose the small storage area under the existing unit.
Also the drivers side dial is slightly obscured by the gear knob when trying to turn but you get used to it.
Dials are also a little stiff to turn but overall very happy
Mine is 2017 RRS model
Speak to Dan 01202 238566
www.poseidonautomotive.com

2017 RRS 3.0 HSE Carpathian Grey with all gloss black bits

Post #626678 Sat Sep 17 2022 11:03am
Wilco

United Kingdom 

Also, original installation video by Chinese manufacturer on YouTube

Just search on Google for

"ZF-2006 installation guide - Range Rover Sport L494 Climate panel upgrade AC touch panel LCD Screen" 2017 RRS 3.0 HSE Carpathian Grey with all gloss black bits

Post #626679 Sat Sep 17 2022 11:13am
Karlp606

Great thank you - just checked out the l494 video as the chrome trims are different from the l405 ones Smile.

Thanks mate

Post #626853 Sun Sep 25 2022 11:04am
moonstone

United Kingdom 

Got mine directly from a seller on AliExpress. Screen started to go fuzzy intermittently a couple of months back. Their solution, initially, was for me to buy a 2nd generation screen but they've agreed to take it back and fix it. Bit of a faff sending it all the way to China though.

Funnily enough the android unit I have has never missed a beat since I got it, so it's a shame this one has had some problems.

Post #627661 Tue Oct 25 2022 7:14pm
Ragerover

United Kingdom 

I know this is an old thread anyone else used Poseidon ?

Post #634278 Sat Jul 15 2023 7:50pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Yes I did a few months ago, along with the head unit, this is a write up I did on FB RRS owners group

So after a lot of considering my options, I decided to keep my sport as it’s been so reliable and upgrade the infotainment instead. I went with the Poseidon Automotive Ltd 12.3” android screen and air con panel. It arrived within 6 days of ordering, which was quicker than I was expecting.

Fitting was mostly simple using the videos provided, however they are for an L405 and there are some differences that you need to work out, but it’s not too difficult. ((Videos are available on Poseidon for the head unit and powerful uk sites for all the fiddly trim bit’s)

The difference in screen quality is night and day, it is so much better, however there are a couple of points to note. The hazard and cd eject buttons are partially covered, but still totally useable, I’d imagine this is the same for all ac screen upgrades. It is also very close to the gear lever, again nothing to get too worried about, just a point of note.

The stitching was a little suspect on the panel they sent me out. I e mailed at about eight in the evening with another query or two, by 8.30 I had a response saying they agreed the stitching wasn’t up to standard and they will do another panel, great customer service.

I have an awful lot to learn now. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #634279 Sat Jul 15 2023 8:27pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

So having lived with it for a while here’s a few thoughts:

It’s updated the whole look of the car no end, it cost about the same as two or three payments on a newer car of which I would know no history, and as there is no cutting or trimming it can be put back to standard for trade in. Also with insurance prices on newer cars at present, this felt like a good option.

Having looked at a facelift model, apart from the tilting bit, it is very very close to looking like an upgraded model.

Occasionally it does take a few minutes for the phone to connect, this could be a phone or car issue.

It still retains all the original infotainment functions.

The heated seats controls are so much easier and available immediately on start up.

The screens don’t come on automatically. The front screen doesn’t switch off automatically after a few minutes.

The leather colour match is pretty good considering mine is 8 years old. You do lose the row of stitching on the original, but the newer cars don’t have it either.

You can add other Sat nav apps directly onto the unit, I use Navmii, and pretty much anything else from the app store

Would I do it again, on balance yes, is it perfect, no, but then neither is the original system.

Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #634280 Sat Jul 15 2023 9:06pm
Ragerover

United Kingdom 

That looks smart
Think I’ll give it a go
Cheers

Post #634296 Sun Jul 16 2023 9:13am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Got mine from China. Here is the write up I did. Beware of some loud noises when you pull some of the parts apart but you won't break anything Whistle
https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic59519...dification Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #634299 Sun Jul 16 2023 9:47am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1