RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > 2012 RR Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

torrcastle

New Zealand 
2012 RR Sport

Hi, any help appreciated. Just bought my wife a 2012 RR Sport and need some info on the satnav and voice control. The car is a Japanese import and I don't know if it can be converted for New Zealand maps. Does anyone know if this uses a cd or SD card to update? If it is cd then I think I can fit a second hand UK spec cd to get it working, I did his for my Frellander 2. The only issue is the last cd based maps for NZ were 2013 as far as I know. There is a company that can convert for $1500 or is it better to replace the nav unit with something aftermarket? I want to keep the switch functionality and the factory HiFi so what are the general thoughts around this please? I have a Nanocom tool that I managed to expand the radio frequencies, tyre size and panic alarm with, but when I unlocked the voice control it brings up the voice menu but just says waiting for voice control. Am I right in thinking that voice control module probably isn't fitted in this model? Anyy help much appreciated Smile

Dave

Post #625772 Sun Jul 31 2022 5:22am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Hi, when I shipped my car here from the U.K I had a firm in Auckland (NAVNZ) convert mine to NZ maps, it cost around $600 if I remember right, I think they do Jap imports as well, there is another outfit that do them but I can't remember their name off hand.

The downside is the latest updated map you can now get is 2017 for NZ/AUS and there are not going to be any newer one's released, it is still ok for finding most addresses, but any new addresses and or roads, no chance, although fortunately they don't build new roads out here very quickly Laughing. Personally I would spend your money on a TomTom or Garmin portable GPS unit if you do need up to date navigation as cost is about the same as having your original one converted.

I did try one of those integrated Android Auto/Apple Car play kits (Naviplus), but thought it was rubbish and binned it pretty quick, although I only tried it with a Android phone not a iPhone so that may be the difference, so just bought a TomTom unit myself instead as only really wanted it for up to date navigation.

Cheers
Col

Post #625773 Sun Jul 31 2022 5:59am
Puslinch

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Firenze Red

The better money would be to get an Idcore kit and use Apple CarPlay or Android Auto on the screen. To be honest the Land Rover Sat Nav is rubbish at best, I have a MY2012 RRS. I used it a few few times when I got the car, then always used a map app on my mobile until I upgraded. Game changer, don’t waste your cash upgrading Sat Nav. 2018 Telsa MS
2012 Range Rover Sport HSE+
1990 Porsche 944
1985 LR 90 Soft top V8

Post #625779 Sun Jul 31 2022 11:09am
torrcastle

New Zealand 

Thanks for that guys. I don't think I'll bother with the upgrade in that case. It is a lot of cost for something that can't get updated maps. Will just stick with the old Navman then Smile

Post #625784 Mon Aug 01 2022 3:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1