RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Brake Booster vacuum pipe
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
Brake Booster vacuum pipe

Hi folks something to keep an eye on I have RRS2013 SDV6 when doing my regular engine bay checks I noticed a problem with the vacuum pipe as it comes out the firebreak bulkhead .As you stand and look at the engine you will see the compartment on the top left that houses your brake Booster and brake reservoir.I noticed the engine cover top left edge sits above the vacuum pipe and rubbs against it cutting into the pipe leaving almost a a V shape cut.Luckily i caught it early so filled in the cut with Milliput black plastic filler then when dry I put a run of rubber plastic cable tidy I had and it wrapped around exactly and gave that protection and separation to stop this going further . How the LR design team didn’t think about this problem Is beyond me as when you look at the routing and layout it stands out as a problem waiting to happen. I checked with the stealers and the pipe is about £50 new .May be worth checking on your vehicles anyway guys and girls. Thumbs Up

Post #625152 Sun Jul 03 2022 8:19am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

Good spot. There is also coolant pipe, which comes out from under engine cover at the front which can suffer from the same. The cut out needs enlarging really.

Post #625153 Sun Jul 03 2022 10:03am
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi thanks for reply yea I just checked around the coolant pipe you mentioned and luckily my engine cover cut out around it is large enough it’s not touching the pipe thanks.Im sure car manufacturers notice these issues but ignore them to deliberately increase there parts sales !!!!! Censored

Post #625154 Sun Jul 03 2022 10:19am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1