RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Which suspension air compressor?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rich_959

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Stornoway Grey
Which suspension air compressor?

Hi,

My RRS is a 59 plate diesel but a 2010 model year. When in for major service my local garage warned that the compressor is very noisy and they have a habit of packing up when they sound like this one does. Also suspected it might be struggling already, and responsible for the occasional bumpy ride on the front (comes and goes).

Looking around, there seem to be two different models. Can anyone advise which one I need? The online parts selectors give mixed results (older Hitachi style vs newer AMK style). So without me removing the cover and having a look, can anyone confirm which one the 2010 facelift car has?

And also where to get a good one? Seems to be loads of chinese copies around. Are any of them any good, or stick to branded?

Cheers,
Rich

Post #622914 Fri Mar 18 2022 10:36am
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

The Hitachi factory was destroyed by a Tsunami in 2012, AMK compressors were used after that. This means that your vehicle would have been originally fittted with the Hitachi LR023964. However, if the compressor has been replaced before it may have an AMK LR078650 on it now, but maybe not.

If you really don't want to remove the cover, you could get a full kit that replaces Hitachi, or AMK LR072537. If you replace a Hitachi unit with this, you will need to do a software update. Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2776
paul@advancedfactors.co.uk

Post #622916 Fri Mar 18 2022 11:30am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
rich_959

Thanks Matt. I'll have the cover off and check. Seems to be the best way. If it had been replaced in the past (with the newer AMK style) but not had the software update done, would it work at all? Or could that be an explanation for the occasional harsh ride at the front?

All new wishbones etc, and no leaks from the air struts.

Post #622918 Fri Mar 18 2022 11:40am
Advanced Factors
Site Sponsor

United Kingdom 

The compressor will work without the software update. As I recall the update does something to put less stress on the pump. Unfortunately, I don't know what happens if you don't get it updated. Paul Redding
+44 (0)23 8052 2776
paul@advancedfactors.co.uk

Post #622922 Fri Mar 18 2022 12:34pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
garrycol

Australia 

The bumpy ride mentioned will be related to airbags and shocks on the front - nothing to do with the air compressor.

If the compressor is a Hitachi just rebuild it - cheap and easy to do. 07MY RRS TDV6
Arctic Frost
Aspen Interior

Post #622923 Fri Mar 18 2022 12:55pm
rich_959

Thanks guys. Yeah, I guess I've been thinking that because there are no air leaks, the suspension units are ok. But I guess the air springs could be fine, but the struts (shocks) worn out.

Post #622927 Fri Mar 18 2022 4:25pm
zenta

Austria 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Fuji White

i bought my rrs third hand. compressor gives problems every now and than. i bought the repair kit for the hitachi, before checking what compressor is underneath. not smart... the compressor has been replaced by the first owner with the amk model. so i think the best thing to do is if you have the hitachi, buy the repair kit. easy fix i would guess.. 2011 RRS 3.0 TDV6 Fuji White

Post #623648 Mon Apr 18 2022 5:02am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1