RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > uneven brake pad wear
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

wee ali

United Kingdom 
uneven brake pad wear

hi i have a 2020 sport and having problems with front brake pads wearing. first set was changed at just over 12 thousand miles, at first service, was charged for this!.. when second service was due brake warning light was on again!! took wheels off myself and found both inside pads worn down, but out side pads ok. contacted land rover, was advised to bring in for heath check, as we are short of 1 vehicle at the moment i got brake pads and fitted my self(i am a timed served mechanic with nearly 40 years experience) took brake apart again 2 weeks later and inside pad full of dust and road dirt. the one thing i did notice that the newer sport does not have a dust/dirt guard round top of disc.waiting on answer back from land rover. has anyone else had problems

Post #622466 Sat Mar 05 2022 11:42am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

If your near Dundee, Disco-Mikey is your man. Thumbs Up Range Rover Sport: Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe: 992 Porsche Carrera 4S

Post #622468 Sat Mar 05 2022 1:28pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Looks like whoever fitted new pads didn’t put new pins & the outside pad isn’t sliding properly so braking more on inner pads. Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #622470 Sat Mar 05 2022 1:57pm
TimB33

United Kingdom 
Re: uneven brake pad wear

wee ali wrote:
hi i have a 2020 sport and having problems with front brake pads wearing. first set was changed at just over 12 thousand miles, at first service, was charged for this!.. when second service was due brake warning light was on again!! took wheels off myself and found both inside pads worn down, but out side pads ok. contacted land rover, was advised to bring in for heath check, as we are short of 1 vehicle at the moment i got brake pads and fitted my self(i am a timed served mechanic with nearly 40 years experience) took brake apart again 2 weeks later and inside pad full of dust and road dirt. the one thing i did notice that the newer sport does not have a dust/dirt guard round top of disc.waiting on answer back from land rover. has anyone else had problems

Yes exactly the same from new. Just done 16k and took for first MOT and they said out pads on front like new and inner nearly worn out so advisory. I get the new pin argument for replacements, but not on 2 new cars like these. Range Rover dont want to know! Does anybody know what pads Range Rover use brand wise or are they there own?

Post #623564 Wed Apr 13 2022 3:09pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 

TRW brake pads used to be the OE ones Thumbs Up
But as been said the pins need changed and ceramic grease

Post #623569 Wed Apr 13 2022 4:48pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1