RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > L320 Passenger footwell light
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand
L320 Passenger footwell light

I have been changing out the interior lights in our RRS 2010 with LED's and the last one to do was the Passenger footwell lamp especially as it wasnt working anyway.
So I pop out the lamp housing and it isnt connected to anything.. I manage to squeez my large noggin into the space to get a better look and the wire has gone AWOL.
Can anyyone advise me on how the heck you get that lower trip off to fish out the wire so I can reconnect it???
You cant find the wire with the glovebox down.... there dont appear to be any clips etc holding the lower trim on nor screws and it is in an awkward spot to try and do too much if you dont know what you need to do.

Post #623249 Wed Mar 30 2022 9:58pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

If I remember right, two small turnbuckle screws just below bottom edge of lower glove box lid, grab the small piece of carpet trim attached to the panel by the transmission tunnel and give it a gentle tug there is a hidden spring clip behind it, should then be able to lower panel enough and wiggle it out, if you still can't get it right out you may have to remove the piece of footwell trim by the bonnet release lever should then drop straight out.

Cheers
Col

Last edited by Col on Tue Jul 26 2022 12:08am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #623250 Thu Mar 31 2022 1:26am
AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand

Perfect description on how to do it... it took me a little while to figure out the carpeted bit at the Trans tunnel but once I gave that a gentle tug it camee off rather easy... went back on easy too.
Thanks for the info, we are all Blue LED on the inside now... much more light and it is a pleasing blue as well.
Next thing to tackle will be the rear passenger door lock mechanism.... I just need to wait until it decided it will open again so I can get the door card off Smile

Post #623254 Thu Mar 31 2022 7:17am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1