RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Immobiliser on p400e
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

MaximusDM

Immobiliser on p400e

Hi all picked up my new sport on the weekend and am thinking about purchasing an Immobiliser for this one given the ever increasing theft. I've been advised to look at Ghost 2 so wondered what the experience was like and any issues with it being a hybrid ?( installers originally told me the Ghost 2 wasnt compatible then checked again and said they were).

Post #611166 Mon Mar 08 2021 5:48pm
Eagle77

England 

Be interested to see what you decide on this as I had also looked into it too but worried about impact on LR electrics. What I would say is if you have a new2021+ RRS then these do come with the enhanced security system that allegedly stops thieves from copying the signal from your key fob.

Post #611207 Tue Mar 09 2021 10:09am
MaximusDM

Yeah that was my concern but had a few conversations now and am all booked in for install this Thursday. We have a 2021 model in velocity blue and as you say the security is meant to be improved but after speaking to a land rover technician (had a call out already as the car wasn't releasing the charge cable!) he recommended it too and said thieves will always find a way around the basic security given the desirability of the car.

Post #611214 Tue Mar 09 2021 12:05pm
Eagle77

England 

Do keep the forum updated on how you get on - also interested if you can get any comment out of LR in writing as to whether install of Ghost2 impact the warranty at all.

Post #611216 Tue Mar 09 2021 12:23pm
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

Whilst not the same as an immobiliser, the latest LR app has a “Guardian” mode which you can set on a timer or immediately which alerts your phone any time your car is unlocked, even with its own keys. It works well and quickly when I’ve tried it. Setting that whenever you’re not in the car / overnight would at least alert you as soon as the car was unlocked, which can’t do any harm. A slightly obvious but still handy new feature to roll out.

Post #611242 Tue Mar 09 2021 4:03pm
MaximusDM

So they pulled my install forward to this morning. All fitted and working OK, I've just set it up to accept my phone as a key too. The negative for me is that you can't use the pre conditioning feature but I knew about that and was happy to accept on the basis I can sleep well at night!

Post #611301 Wed Mar 10 2021 2:23pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

It would be useful to have some insurance or crime report stats on Range Rover age, pre-2018 vs later cars to see if thefts have reduced.

I won’t describe my security package on this forum, but no issues yet. I religiously double lock it which is good protect against casual scroats (had my last RRS broken into via the sunroof; but they obviously found they could not open the doors / tailgate and left empty handed. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #611956 Fri Mar 26 2021 9:22pm
R22Flyer

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Fuji White

any issues with the Ghost, my auto electrician said don’t fit on the p400e as he does work for the local Guy Salmon and he has had issues where the Ghost keeps the can-bus alive which puts a small drain on the hybrid battery, not an issue if used every day but if the battery is flat and parked for a week or 2 the hybrid battery voltage drops below the minimum rate and can not be recharged, the dealer fix is to replace the hybrid battery which is not covered by JLR and is 10k, also i use the pre heater every day in the winter to warm the car and batteries before setting off, maybe this is ghost 1 ?

Any ideas ? Tesla Model Y - 2023
RRS 3 Autobiography P440e 2023 - Order Cancelled
RRS Autobiography P400e 2020 - White
Bentley 2008 Arnage 6.75L V8 - Fountain Blue
Lexus NX300h 2019 Red - Sold
Lexus RX450h 2016 Red - Sold
RRS HSE MY12, SDV6, Orkney Grey - Sold
RR Evoque, Prestige Lux, Owned 1 week and Gone
Lexus RX450h, Silver
BMW X6, 3.5D Red, LOL
RRS 2.7 TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Post #620851 Tue Jan 11 2022 11:16pm
Cunny678

I always leave mine plugged in when at home even if fully charged. Not sure if it’s easy to disconnect from the mains without a key, but I think it may deter some.

Post #621201 Sat Jan 22 2022 5:24pm
Cunny678

Going slightly off piste. I thought there was someone trying to rob the car yesterday as when I got outside the house the engine was running !!! Turns out I’d selected engine pre heat rather than battery pre heat on the App by mistake. I didn’t even know it would do that 😳

Post #621202 Sat Jan 22 2022 5:31pm
mikef

United Kingdom 

Cunny678 wrote:
I always leave mine plugged in when at home even if fully charged. Not sure if it’s easy to disconnect from the mains without a key, but I think it may deter some.

You can't disconnect the plug if the car is locked and the only way to disconnect it would be to cut the cable and thats going to look a bit suspicious when the thief drives it away

The other thing I've been wondering about is just how attractive a P400e would be to car thieves anyway. Does the average Albanian gangster want a plug in hybrid? I would have thought that diesel or pure petrol powered cars are far more desirable. It would be interesting to see the stats on RRS/RR thefts to see whether that is true

Post #621298 Wed Jan 26 2022 2:59pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Immobiliser

Does anyone know if the RRS has an inbuilt Manufacturer immobiliser ?

Post #638767 Sat Jan 13 2024 3:05pm
scrumps

United Kingdom 

Hi,

No it doesn’t.

I’ve had a GHOST-2 fitted to my D300 AB.

It’s configured to prevent gear selection and I’m very happy with both the installation and function.

Scrumps Somerset - Where the apples do grow and the cider do flow!
2021 Defender 90 D250 HSE in Tasman with white roof.
24MY D300 AB - Verasine Blue - 😀
19MY SDV6 AB - Byron Blue - Gone
17MY D5 SDV6 HSE - Firenze Red - Gone
16MY SDV6 AB -Aruba Silver - Gone
13.5MY SDV6 "HSE Black" - Baltic Blue - Gone
10MY TDV8 HSE Galway Green - Gone
14MY D4 HSE in Scotia Grey - Gone
05 TD5 D90 CSW in Cairns Blue

Post #638770 Sat Jan 13 2024 7:00pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1