RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > My Range Rover Sport > I think we bought a RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

AndyCHO

Australia 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 SE Ipanema Sand
I think we bought a RRS

After looking at a few... one in Sydney (6 hr drive each way) and then this one in Melbourne ( 3 hrs each way ) we mad an offer and ended up shaking hands on it... We will likely pick it up sometime next week with a good 3 hr trip home for my wife to get used to it.

It is a 2010 RRS 3 litre (180kw) in Ipanema Sand. it is fitted with Premium Leather seats (so supple ), Sunroof. Hardon Karmon sound, Navigation, Reversing camera and front parking.

Specced out of the factory with 20" Stormer wheels and it has 124.000 km on it with full serivce history.
The Cam Belts were done at the 7 year mark so we have a few to go before that needs to be done again and the lower control arms and brakes were done a few months ago..

All up we are pretty happy with the purchase.. .she drives really well, plenty of power, changes gears super smooth and is so quiet... The one we looked at in Sydney was noisy, had 4 different tyre brands and levels of wear and seemed sluggish compared to this one.

Post #620383 Sat Jan 01 2022 8:25am
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Hey that’s a lovely colour and those wheels suit the car. Nice to see one without the windows tinted Thumbs Up . 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Last edited by Stevepd on Sun Jan 02 2022 11:55am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #620385 Sat Jan 01 2022 10:16am
AndyCHO

The windows wont be tinted for long though... it was 36 C here today and will be 38 tomorrow and well above 30 the rest of the week.
Window tint is almost a necessity here.

My wife actually wants to have the roof etc down to the bottom of the window in Black... I like the idea, just not the cost although it would mostly be done in vinyle wrap so far cheaper than paint and easy to come off if we decide we dont like it.

The main priority in the short term will be to detail it and find the best solution for Apple Carplay... and that wont be cheap.

Post #620386 Sat Jan 01 2022 10:21am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

Welcome to the Club, those wheels are not actually "Stormers" though, they are "Style 10" diamond cut, unlikely it came from the factory like it as originally they were only available on the MY12/13 A/B's. They do suit the car though.

Cheers
Col

Post #620414 Sat Jan 01 2022 9:43pm
AndyCHO

Looking at it now (and doing some research) they are definitely Style 10 wheels...I really like them but... there are a few scrapes on them so it is going to be a pain to sand them back and polish them up so they all look mint... another job that will be done, slowly.

The windows were tinted today with the highest spec Ceramic tint available... it rejects up to 80% of heat (apparently) and looks good too.

I have also ordered the Apple Car Play kit from NaviPlus (their last one) that will allow the boss to have her Carplay and latest maps etc It isnt a super simple install but it will be an interesting one. I will try to document it.. just depends on how it all goes I guess Wink

Post #620808 Tue Jan 11 2022 8:06am
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Looks lovely hope you. Have many happy miles Thumbs Up

Post #620817 Tue Jan 11 2022 2:59pm
Ken 153

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport Supercharged HSE Galway Green

AndyCHO wrote:

Looking at it now (and doing some research) they are definitely Style 10 wheels...I really like them but... there are a few scrapes on them so it is going to be a pain to sand them back and polish them up so they all look mint... another job that will be done, slowly.

The windows were tinted today with the highest spec Ceramic tint available... it rejects up to 80% of heat (apparently) and looks good too.

I have also ordered the Apple Car Play kit from NaviPlus (their last one) that will allow the boss to have her Carplay and latest maps etc It isnt a super simple install but it will be an interesting one. I will try to document it.. just depends on how it all goes I guess Wink

Lovely looking car mate Thumbs Up

Will watch for the I-play thread out of interest.

Make sure the car has had its rear spoiler checked as there is a recall on UK models as they fly off - Like mine!! Mad

Post #620848 Tue Jan 11 2022 9:59pm
AndyCHO

The personalisation process has started... Black Badges have arrived with a Red SPORT badge to turn up soon as well.

LED kit is under way for the interior lights as well as reversing and number plate lights.

No doubt more will happen... this rabbit hole could well be deep lol

Post #620934 Fri Jan 14 2022 7:01am
SkyWalker

Netherlands 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

Careful now, I know you´re new to this brand, but you bought yourself a RANGE ROVER, not a RANGE RANGE. Wink SW

Sometimes it is not enough to do our best;
sometimes we must do what is required.

Adriatic Blue 2005 RRS HSE 2.7 TDV6
Now: 2016 RRS HSE DYNAMIC 3.0 TDV6

Post #629073 Tue Dec 13 2022 6:39pm
AndyCHO

Photographic dislexia on my part with that one... I made sure the correct badges went in the correct order on the front and back.

Post #629083 Wed Dec 14 2022 7:56am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1