RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Dash fault issue
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Yozzer192002

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Java Black
Dash fault issue

Hi all, new to sport ownership after having a l322. Managed to find a low mile, well looked after 2.7tdv6 which I am pleased with. Unfortunately after a few months it’s already started to play up. Issue I was and still having is the hazards flashing when driving, the doors lock and unlock, the lean when cornering light comes on and the radio and sat nav switch off. Now I’ve been told it’s the dash cluster which I’ve taken to a auto electrician that just does this sort of thing for a living, it’s been repaired twice but it’s still doing the same thing! The fault hasn’t gone. Is there anything else that can cause this problem other than the dash cluster? I have a decent diagnostic tool that is showing can bus issue and ‘lost communication with dash cluster’ so I’m guessing it’s still faulty? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Post #620060 Fri Dec 17 2021 8:41am
rayodunne

Canada 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

An auto electrician would not have the tools to properly reflow the solder on the chip that causes the issues. There are companies that do it for a fraction of a new cluster. example below that I found in 1 second on google.
http://www.clusterrepairsuk.co.uk/repair/m...e-facelift 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Post #620650 Fri Jan 07 2022 6:09pm
Yozzer192002

It’s gone back in today with the same chap, he says he’s repaired lots of these as it’s all he does, so will give him the benefit of the doubt, will see what it’s like when I get it back, will mention to him about the reflow and see what he says. Thanks for the reply 👍

Post #620654 Fri Jan 07 2022 7:11pm
rayodunne

Canada 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Your cluster is not repaired and displays all the symptoms of a failed cluster. Trusting him is your choice, I'd be looking for a refund. 2009 Range Rover Sport Supercharged

Post #620656 Fri Jan 07 2022 9:19pm
Yozzer192002

Yeah I agree so will give him the benefit of the doubt and give him a chance to repair, if when I get it back it happens again I will get a refund and send it to one of these online places. My own diagnostic machine says that it’s the dash cluster as it says can bus and comms lost with dash so it’s definitely that that is the issue.

Post #620661 Sat Jan 08 2022 1:22am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1