RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > After engine rebuilt no start
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

dpalinko

Hungary 
After engine rebuilt no start

Hello Experts! I have a Range Rover Sport 3.0 v6 diesel and i have problem with it. After we rebuilt the engine it won't start. Of course it is not so easy but now we run out of ideas.... What we changed in our project are the followings : new crankshaft with new trigger wheel positioned with factory tool, new crankshaft sensor, new crankshaft bearings, new pistons, new conrods, new piston rings, new cylinderhead gaskets, cylinderheads were checked and refurbished by a company, new camshaft bearings, new 6 injectors (original bosch), new timing belt with all the pulleys, new belt for fuel pump, fuel pump was checked on a bench by a professional company, new fuel pressure sensors, new gaskets everywhere, new low pressure fuel pump, new battery. I hope i didn't forget anything. And here comes the problem: the car starts with brake cleaner immediatly and then runs perfect without any codes as long as you want. Without brake cleaner starts only sometimes, lets say 1 from 20. There are no codes in ECU sometimes if we try to start until aproximetly 20 sec we got a code P0336 crank and cam are not syncrhonized well. This happens only after a very long cranking period. If the car runs then tere is no error codes. The sartermotor spins perfectly, there is no difference (in this behaviour with non starting) if we try to jumpstart the car. The relays and fuses looks ok, we can hear the tank pump if we want. The compression test looks ok above 18bar everywhere. Do you have any idea what sould we check now?

Post #618187 Tue Oct 19 2021 7:05am
H

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black
not starting

i had this problem, itook me about 3weeks to sort it.i was getting fuel coming through, it was that what threw me.i tried everything . in the end i bought a syphon kit from amazon the tyre valve , connectid it to the tyre valve on top of the engine to syphon ; the fuel through .I took the syphon off ,but left the tyre valve connected, Turned engine over. After a few turns it fired up runs fine now Thumbs Up Hope this helps

Post #618201 Tue Oct 19 2021 6:18pm
dpalinko

Hungary 

We tried your suggestion. If I understood correctly the syphon kit, anyway here is a picture about what we tried. Have not worked for us.

Post #618216 Wed Oct 20 2021 12:39pm
H

England 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Your making the same mistake as I did.You need the same sort of connection you use on the tyre valve , so it opens the valve here’s hoping

Post #618217 Wed Oct 20 2021 12:51pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1