RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > HDC fault
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

gofernator

New Zealand 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV6 S Stornoway Grey
HDC fault

Hi all, new here and needing help please. Age old HDC fault I know but I’m baffled now after trying most things.
Here’s my story.
2008, 2.7 diesel, 161km auto and bought it late last year with some issues but not HDC at the time. Fitted a new compressors and reset ride height. Then 6 odd month ago the HDC fault popped up and chucked it into limp mode until I cycled the key.
It some times does this with in 200m of my house, 5 km to town or nothing all day and 600km later…but recently it’s ever trip. 15 faults pop up on my Nanocom Evo and all are about lost coms to this and that ecu plus 4 speaker faults with open circuit.

I have done a compressor, calibrated steering sensor, reset and adjusted ride height 3 times with two different scanners, swapped the auto shift box out off a friends vehicle to try, swapped the throttle pedal box, swapped the HDC off road control switches around the shifter, stripped and cleaned every ecu box I could find including dropping the “easy to get to BCU” and checked for corrosion but nothing any where. I have also checked the big plugs behind the left rear wheel and just today replaced the left rear abs sensor as the previous owner mention his mechanic starched the suction a bit too far when fitting rear bags.
There was a water leaks on the passenger side a few months back and had the wind screen revealed and now it’s dry so may a canbus plug corroded? Where are they to check?
I did notice old Coke stains in the middle console so pulled it apart to find Coke every where. While the whole console was out I washed and cleaned it, I drowned the detachable loom in the middle in contact cleaner, pull the yaw sensor off as saw a few drops of Coke on the little box and around the earth bolt. Cleaned it all and tightened it back up. 1km later binggggg binggggg.
Now one on odd thing happened while stripping the center console. I was sitting in the drivers seat on the right, key it of the ignition and between my legs, unplugged all the little green plugs on the off road setting switch panel and while fumbling to unclip the black auto shifter multi plug I bumped the loose loom with the green plus. Suddenly he door chime turned on and said key in the ignition and the wipers turned on…….no key in the ignition??
I thought YES must be a slept Coke issue and gently jiggled the wires and it set it off again while trying to unplug the black plug. After that I could not get it to do it again but it should have never happened? I thoroughly sprayed contact cleaner in all plugs on this detachable loom and hung it to dry but once I reassembled it and test drove it it did the same with in 2 km…….
I can help thinking. It’s due to, what looks like Coke, split drink!
I fitted a new battery despite it showing 13.6v, stripped the ecu behind the battery and cleaned all connections and sanded and refitted the earth and all other earths I could find have been cleaned.
Help………

Post #618185 Tue Oct 19 2021 3:11am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1