RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > MAP sensor replacement 2012 RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

GT RRS

United States 
MAP sensor replacement 2012 RRS

Can’t be that hard, many on here have probably done it themselves.

1-Open hood
2-remove engine cover
3- remove air intake to access the map sensor - can’t figure out how to remove air intake, even looking at the shop manual right now. What am I missing?

Thanks in advance! Vincit qui se vincit

Post #611737 Mon Mar 22 2021 12:46am
GT RRS

United States 

Actually known as the air cleaner outlet pipe T connector. Still can’t figure out how to remove it

Vincit qui se vincit

Post #611738 Mon Mar 22 2021 1:36am
GT RRS

United States 

Perhaps I was looking for something that just wasn’t there, shop manual guidance is to remove 5 clamps, I was looking for something more substantial!
Feel free to share your experiences, or I’ll just keep talking to myself. Whistle Vincit qui se vincit

Post #611739 Mon Mar 22 2021 1:59am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Is this on a petrol? Not so many of them on here as most of use are "dirty diesel" drivers. Hence why the response is probably going to be fairly limited. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #611746 Mon Mar 22 2021 8:59am
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I assume yours is the N/A 5.0L as that is the one in the workshop manual illustrations you posted, I recently did both belts on my S/C and I don't recall any difficulties in removing the pipework with that, just a couple of bolts and a few hose clips, although the T connector layout is a little different to the N/A engine.

Cheers
Col

Post #611750 Mon Mar 22 2021 10:29am
GT RRS

United States 

Yes mine is 5.0L petrol, and shop manual guidelines are pretty straightforward, was looking for something more complicated, thanks for your feedback. I’ll be ridding myself of the pesky P0106 manifold absolute pressure code this week.

Vincit qui se vincit

Post #611758 Mon Mar 22 2021 2:52pm
Iomegas

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Santorini Black

Hi I have a RRS L320 HSE 3.0D with 64000 miles on .Ive had Class B service in Feb this year -Timing belt and high fuel pressure pump belt changed.Tranfer box and both diffs oil changed - Gearbox serviced new filter oil change - Fuel filter - air filter - cabin filter changed as part of service in Feb .Have completed another oil change end of September and new oil filter.Replaced both front lower arms - hub bearings - front disks pads - Rear brakes serviced including EHB.Cleaned both MAF sensors and MAP sensor .I always for around 10 years use a product called ZX1 exralube additive in my engine oil and power steering - fuel - ACE - brake fluid also for which it is fully compatible.
EXTRALUBE ZX1 Micro Oil Metal Treatment is a Flagship product and it has become one of the UKs fastest selling metal treatments in the UK. Often confused with “ Engine Oil Additives” EXTRALUBE ZX1 Micro Oil Metal Treatment does not mix with your chosen oil, or change it in any way it merely uses it as a carrier to reach the metal surfaces within the engine or gearbox where it will impregnate and thermally bond, smoothing out the surface promoting smoother running along with protection for all of your components.

EXTRALUBE ZX1 Micro Oil Metal Treatment can also be used a fuel treatment and will enhance upper cylinder lubrication which in turn helps to reduce harmful emissions from your exhaust.

Lowered carbon exhaust emissions
Increased MPG
Excellent cold start protection and anti-wear performance
Protects immediately up to 25,000 miles
Impregnated wearing surfaces
Virtually eliminated friction.

Always kept engines and anything else fine in any vehicle I have had since I’ve used it ,I always use Shell V POWER DIESEL and occasionally use LIQUI MOLLY fuel additives for DPF and injectors .When I removed my MAP Sensor it had next to nothing in the way of any soot ,carbon build up I’ve seen some pics where the MAP sensors are encased on the tip in carbon do you think that with the regular servicing and fuel used plus additives this has been a contributing factor in it being very clean?I ha e completed some of the servicing myself and like to keep on top of things .My next item is to change my ACE filter as I’m flushing slowly the old ACE Oil out and repacking with new and watching the colour change to a clear green along with doing the same with my power steering fluid.As ever the wise thoughts of the community are appreciated and can’t thank the combined efforts of all in the community for their help and wise words Bow down

Post #617984 Sat Oct 09 2021 12:50pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1