RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Facelifting my L494 to the 2018 Style - Project
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

CountJunkula

United Kingdom 

yasdin wrote:
Hi Guys,

Hope you all are well!

Hoping someone can help, i am doing a similar conversion to the above on my 2013 L494 RRS 5.0 Autibography.

I ordered all of the parts from alibaba too (first and last time ordering from abroad) and have had issue after issue with this - but the most important at the moment is that i cannot seem to get the new matrix light installed on my car. The top holes all line up just about but the two side holes that should connect onto the radiator mount - do not at all.

Picture as below

If it was the Matrix lights that you ordered (I.e the aftermarket ones with the pre-facelift connector on the back) it’s likely because they are knock off lights and the fit is horrible. I only had mine fitted for a couple of days before I swapped them for the other MID ones (see my post above about this). Even if you do get them to fit, the light pattern is pathetic, way worse than the pre facelift lights you are taking off.

My advice would be to send them back and buy some of the genuine lights from the other seller on Alibaba.

Post #616849 Sat Aug 28 2021 8:09am
CountJunkula

United Kingdom 

Here’s some before and after pics of my car in the same spot:

Post #617425 Sat Sep 18 2021 7:57am
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

I did mine around 2 years ago.Rear bumper & badge.

Click image to enlarge
 Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #617426 Sat Sep 18 2021 8:35am
Matt1981

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hi

I’m new to the site, I’ve upgraded my RRS to 2018 does any one have any information on the plug and play loom as I’ve know instructions with it

Regards

Post #619691 Thu Dec 02 2021 8:24pm
Matt1981

Evening

Does anyone have the wiring diagram for the loom below please it’s for the 2013-2018 headlight upgrade I’ve contacted the supplier but I’ve got know feedback.

Regards

Post #619692 Thu Dec 02 2021 8:34pm
Matt1981

The back is complete just need front end sorting now

Post #619693 Thu Dec 02 2021 8:39pm
srz1988@hotmail.co.uk

United Kingdom 

Hi, I’m looking to facelift a Range Rover Sport and I want to thank you for all the information you have provided. Especially for a guy like me who doesn’t know much about cars your explanations have been very clear. I’m still struggling with a lot and won’t be able to do this without someone’s help. This is not because of you but because of the knowledge I have about cars lol. But thank you very much!

Post #624651 Mon Jun 06 2022 1:45am
srz1988@hotmail.co.uk

United Kingdom 

Is there a way I could contact CountJunkula direct? I’m sorry I’m new to all this forum stuff.

Post #624652 Mon Jun 06 2022 1:50am
srz1988@hotmail.co.uk

United Kingdom 

Any info will help. Thanks

Post #624653 Mon Jun 06 2022 1:50am
jimbg

2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Click on the PM button on one of his posts. Thumbs Up 2023 P440e SE Dynamic on order -cancelled

2022 HSE Dynamic P400e

2017 Discovery 3.0 HSE Silicon Silver Nimbus interior and a few extra toys SOLD

2013 HSE Black, Orkney Grey, Ebony Seats and Ivory Interior SOLD

2006 HSE

Plus a few other cars inbetween!

Post #624654 Mon Jun 06 2022 7:14am
CountJunkula

United Kingdom 

UPDATE: Car Stolen 27th Dec 2022 Sad

Post #629806 Tue Jan 10 2023 12:31pm
TheWojtek

Poland 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

That's a Censored ... Sad Regards etc.,

Wojtek

---
WAS: 2006 RRS Supercharged
IS: 2010 RRS TDV8 HSE

Post #629811 Tue Jan 10 2023 3:41pm
jason-nike

England 

CountJunkula wrote:
UPDATE: Car Stolen 27th Dec 2022 Sad

Thats awful, sorry to hear this after all the work you had done

Post #629813 Tue Jan 10 2023 5:50pm
kstyles

United Kingdom 
RR Sport headlight upgrade

I looked at your link and the headlights appear to be made by Felendo and I noticed they also did a 4 led headlight too, wondered on your thoughts and if indeed yours were branded the Felendo ones originally?

CountJunkula wrote:
Hello again all, it's been a while and I meant to update this thread sooner.

Since the last update I've now completed the facelift (and done a few other bits such as body coloured door mouldings and black 22in wheels).

The rear bumper upgrade was a fairly simple job, but the front end conversion was a much bigger undertaking (paricularly doing it by myself on my driveway).

Having said that, the front end would have been significantly easier if I'd had all the information and part numbers etc of exactly what was needed. That's half the battle as loads of people have done this conversion but the information online is incomplete/sketchy and often incorrect.

There's lots of things that can be 'bodged' or just simply left out if you are happy to do that and save some money, but I wanted to do this job properly.

First off, below are the parts that are needed to do the job properly:

Front Facelift Bumper (complete with grills/fogs/brackets - see info above for more information about the brackets!)
Front Facelift Wings
Facelift Bonnet Vents
Facelift Side Vents
Front Bumper Mount/Carrier (PART NO LR117396)
Washer Jets and Hoses (PART NO LR109996 & LR109997)
Washer Jet Covers (PART NO LR099329 & LR099324)
Intercooler Ducts (PART NO LR100578 & LR100580)
Facelift Parking Sensor Rubber Gaskets (I don't have the part number for these but they are very slightly different to the pre-facelift ones)
Front Bumper Fog light connectors (If you're fitting SVR bumper this isn't needed. In my case I couldn't source just the connectors so I just ordered a facelift front bumper loom and used the fog light connectors off that)
Front Wheel Arch Liners (PART NO LR116780 & LR116779)
Front Headlights (I bought mine on Alibaba, but there's various different options you can do here so I'll leave it at that).

As I said above there's some parts that you can either leave out complete or just modify your original - For example:

-The front wheel arch liners are only needed if you use the facelift front bumper brackets, if you transplant your old brackets off the pre-facelift bumper you can use your old arch liners without modification. You can also 'modify' your old arch liners to work with the facelift bumper brackets but you need to cut them to fit with a Dremel. In my case I just bought the facelift arch liners.

-The intercooler ducts are different on the facelift, you can either order the ducts from the facelift 4.4 V8 from the dealership (the facelift 3.0d variant only has the duct on one side so order the 4.4 versions that have ducts both sides) or you can just leave the ducts off completely which is what most people do. I bought the facelift ducts and they fitted straight on with no modification.

-The washer jet covers can just be screwed into place if you don't want to bother with buying the extra washer jets/hoses/bumper brackets etc. In UK at least you don't actually need to have working washer jets on LED lights (at the time of writing, could change in the future).

-The front Fog Light Connectors. If you are fitting an SVR bumper you don't need these anyway because they don't have fogs at all. The UK MOT rules state that you don't actually need to have Fog lights on your car, but if you DO have them, they must actually work. If your country law is different you could get away without sourcing the new fog light connectors.

The actual process of installing the kit isn't hard once you have exactly what you need, it's just a big lego set. The hard part is trying to offer things up and trying to work out why it won't fit or what's missing. But hopefully you won't have the same problems I did because I've just told you exactly what you need Smile

Jack up the car, whip the wheels and arch liners off, take off front bumper, unbolt headlights, unbolt bumper carrier, unbolt wings (right side is harder because you need to take the washer bottle out to access the last bolt).

Repeat the above process in reverse fitting all the new parts, that's easy.

The next hard part is the front bumper wiring loom and parking sensors. You will need to first fit the new (larger) rubbers onto your original parking sensors. Drop the sensors into the bumper brackets, they will sit snug but they are not secure so you will have to take a hot glue gun (or some other adhesive) and squirt that between the bracket gaps and the sensor. Originally I used hot glue as a temporary fix, but because it sets rock hard and fills the gaps and contours of the sensor/brackets it actually is much stronger than I expected, the sensor is certainly not going anywhere so I would definitely recommend this approach. Within a couple of seconds the parking sensors are set in place rock solid.

Here you can see the old (pre-facelift) sensor rubbers on the right and the new (slightly thicker) rubbers on the left:

The next bit is the front bumper wiring loom. As above, you might not need to do this is you're fitting SVR bumpers or if you're not bothered about using the fogs at all. In my case I needed the fogs and was fitting a standard facelift bumper. The facelift bumper wiring loom 100% definitely does NOT work with the pre-facelift parking sensors and the facelift sensors don't work with the pre-facelift wiring. You therefore need to use your old sensors and old wiring loom, but one of the sensors wires (the outer left one) will need to be extended so it can stretch to reach the hole and the fog light connectors are very different, so you will need to graft the new connectors onto the old loom. I did this using those waterproof connectors that have solder inside, you just join the wires, heat it with a heat gun and the solder melts and the outer plastic forms a strong and waterproof seal. It's self explanatory where the wires need to go as the colours are the same.

You now just fit your facelift headlights (hopefully you have bought a set of plug-n-play ones rather than the ones that involve soldering/coding etc), refit the bumper and you're away.

Once I had all the parts above I did the entire front end conversion on my driveway (my myself) in just over half a day. i could do it even quicker if I did it again. Particularly if I had someone else there to help..

Here's a few pics of mine pretty much finished, I will be getting the grey bumper trim wrapped/painted black at some point:

Post #634155 Fri Jul 07 2023 8:21am
Turdmon

United Kingdom 

Think he might have left the forum if he hasn’t got a new RRS. Poor fella.

Post #634175 Sun Jul 09 2023 7:55am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>