RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Problem "Engine failure system"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Zerocult

Spain 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black
Problem "Engine failure system"

Hello to all colleagues. I'm new in this forum. I have decided to post this topic to try to find a solution to my problem, which is already ending my patience.

The car in question is my property. And it is a Sport model (l320) year 07. With TDV8 engine. The car was perfect until the dreaded failure of one of the turbos arrived. Conclusion ... replacement of both turbos. It was decided to change for 2 units of rebuilt turbos.

Not without forgetting the part that said operation is performed by myself with a friend. And we managed to disassemble both turbos "in situ" without disassembling the shell from the chassis body.

We also remove and clean the intercooler radiator and replace the hoses with a kit sold by bripart.

The fact is that after mounting and placing everything .. when starting the car. "Engine system fault" appears on the display after 30 seconds. And the car goes into a restricted mode of power in which, it lacks 10% of power of the total. At that moment a low sound appears in one of the exhaust outlets. And it matches the side where the turbo actuator disconnects. At this time, both actuators are moving and working perfectly.

We have connected a diagnostic machine and the error P132E-22 appeared. But as I said, both turbos blow a lot until those 30 seconds pass and then the turbo on that side is disconnected. The other one still works fine.

We have disassembled the 2 egr valves. They both work and move well. They do their final check by disconnecting the key from the ignition. The two MAF turbo pressure sensors have been removed, cleaned and swapped. And the fault keeps popping up.

As a last resort, the 2 flow meters have been cleaned. And when doing a test run we have observed the following ...

By disconnecting both. The corresponding error codes appear in the car (of course) and the bass sound appears in the 2 exhaust outlets. When before I only went out for one. And I don't get the P132E-22 error. We connect the flow meter on the side that goes well, and everything returns to normal on its side. You try to walk with the car ... and it has a lot of power, but at 60 km / h the car limits the speed of course. Once we reconnect the flow meter on the problem side, the exhaust outlet still has its low sound. The car gains in power and only lacks 10%. We came to the conclusion that this flowmeter is defective. It is replaced by a new one, and when starting the car, it starts well and sounds perfectly until 30 seconds in which the happy "engine failure system" reappears.

At this point, I no longer know what to think, I do not know if it will be a connector with a bad connection, a cable in contact or God knows.

I appreciate your time invested and I apologize for the inconvenience. I hope we find a solution ...

Post #616869 Sun Aug 29 2021 12:01pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1