RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > L494 brake caliper question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Terras14

L494 brake caliper question

Hi, mine is a 2016 MY RRS and while replacing the brake pad and rotor then I realised the caliper is a 6pot uncoloured caliper.
Is just a bare metal caliper without any logo.
Because I also read some RRS actually have 4 pot infront and also brembo caliper infront.
So is what I am having some sort of in between? 6pot but not brembo or is it also oem brembo without any log and colour?
Much appreciate any reply. Thanks.

Post #616581 Sat Aug 14 2021 2:30pm
Turdmon

United Kingdom 

I think they are OEM brembo unpainted and no logo. Stand to be corrected though.

Post #616582 Sat Aug 14 2021 4:10pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

When I bought my first RRS back in 2017 red Brembo labelled brake callipers were a £350.00 option. I thought this good value for a brake upgrade but when I looked into it I discovered that that the money was to pay for red paint and decals. I formed the opinion that the brake callipers are all the same.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #616597 Sun Aug 15 2021 9:28am
Terras14

Hi, thanks to Timhum and Turdmon for the reply.
I went to texamine the caliper on my car. I Can see a part number AT2SA on the caliper.hence I went to dig further and it seems this number is on the packaging of the 20 caliper sold by parts shop. Whether is it red painted with land rover decal, or blue painted with Brembo decal meant for svr, they have this reference on the packaging. And they are all 20” caliper. If this reference is not a generic number for all brake caliper but a reference to the 20” brake caliper, then it seems to mean that whether it is painted or not, painted with land rover or brembo, as long as it is 20”, there are all brembo and used by all a range of L405 and L494 including svr. Lastly I notice the later caliper are usually painted with land rover instead of Brembo even for 2020 SVR.
Anyone with more information pls chip in. Thank you.

Post #616599 Sun Aug 15 2021 10:49am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1