Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > Thinking of buying a Range Rover Sport
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Sitchey

United Kingdom 
Thinking of buying a Range Rover Sport

Hi
I'm new to the forum and also landrovers, so hope you can help. I've always bought German cars, but am considering a 2015 RRS with under 60k miles.

They are still quite expensive, so I was hoping to get some advice from existing owners on...

1. Reliability - I've heard they aren't the most reliable. But wanted to ask you as I know all cars can be unreliable. Is that true and is there any thing really bad on the 2015 models

2. Things to look for in buying a used one - is there anything you would recommend to make sure you can get a good one? Some I tried to was check the recall with landrover as they might have fixed some of the serious faults. But anything from current owners on what to look for would be great.

3. Sunroof - I've heard the models with the panoramic roofs leak. Wanted to check if that's true and as its UK weather, is it worth and expensive to fix?

Thanks for all your input.

Post #615635 Sun Jul 11 2021 11:03am
Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver

Hi, I have a 2015 RRS and have had no problems at all with it apart from the keyless unlocking not working once but a fuse out and reset soon fixed that. Mine is a 15 plate but a MY2016 model. This means it has a few more changes/upgrades compared to a MY2015 car. The differences are on this site somewhere. Ones I can think of is gesture tailgate opening, heated seat controls, adblue (cheaper road tax), more colour options from new and the option of heads up display (I think). Try and get a warranty with the car if possible just to be on the safe side but you can always get a warranty from warranty direct like I did for £950. If the car has no warranty try and negotiate the amount for one off the car. These are fantastic cars and I’ve had mine for over 4 years now and have no plans t change it yet.

Post #615637 Sun Jul 11 2021 12:11pm
Sitchey

United Kingdom 

Thanks. Really appreciate the post.

Yea I think like all cars you can have good and bad, some are just unlucky. You just hear these horror stories and then just wonder.

And a warranty will def be with the car, either from the dealer or I'm buying one. Better to have in place

Post #615656 Mon Jul 12 2021 12:05am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1