RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR 19.5 Ride quality/Characteristics - Anyone got the same?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Netsters

England 
SVR 19.5 Ride quality/Characteristics - Anyone got the same?

Hi all.

I've got a 2019 SVR bought it brand new, by and large it's behaved well save for a few exhaust valve and heated seat issue eventually fixed under warranty.

The ride in the car is firm, which is to be expected, but I noticed that a cruising motorway speeds, that car seems to feel a little nervous on the road, e.g feels like it is has a tendency to tramline, raised white lane divider lines seem to push the steering one way or another, and the car seems very away of inconsistencies in the road servicem and just acts a little bit unexpectedly.

The car corners totally fine, and there are absolutely no vibrations or steering wheel shudder, and the tyre pressures are bang on.

It is hard to know if this is something imagined, especially if I have been driving a sports car beforehand, of if there is something else going on with the suspension, I thought I would reach out the the forum members just in case anyone can make sense of what i'm saying/similar experience? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #613805 Thu May 20 2021 10:18am
SC247

United Kingdom 

Hi

I am having the same issues mine is not the SVR but its like I'm continually correcting the steering it only seems to be happening on the motorway I'm unsure if its the higher speed that's the cause or the dreadfull state of the roads since lockdown I thought maybe the tram lines from the trucks but I noticed it on repaired sections too.

Post #613809 Thu May 20 2021 11:44am
HaggisMan

United Kingdom 

I’ve wondered about the tracking on mine too (2019 SDV6, 21” wheels). It’s been checked by the dealer a few times and corrected but it still always seems to pull slightly to the left when on long straight roads, but only where the road camber falls that way. On roads where the camber is the other way (e.g. a contra flow where it falls down to the right) it doesn’t seem to do it. I therefore wonder if it’s the size and width of the tyres that cause it to tramline and follow the camber more than other cars I’ve had, never having had a RRS or SUV before. The tyre wear at the last service was pretty even though, so it might all be fine. Anyway, as the lease is up in 6 months and I hardly go anywhere at present I’m not bothered about having it looked at again, but as I intend to get another RRS, it’ll be interesting to see if it does the same.

Post #613812 Thu May 20 2021 12:50pm
Jjvd21

United States 

Are you running 295/40R22’s or 285/40R22’s? In my 19.5 SVR (R.I.P.) I had the 295’s which tram lined or trailed with road imperfections more than I notice with the 285’s on my 2020. 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #613850 Fri May 21 2021 4:12am
MrM

Mine has not dissimilar characteristics. I find if I touch a white line or cats eye it gives the feeling you describe. My general experience of cars is the wider the tyres the more pronounced this type of feeling is. If you’re happy the tracking is fine I wouldn’t spend too much time worrying about it.

Post #613854 Fri May 21 2021 7:21am
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I had this on my crappy Lexus Rx450hl.. they have a 3 litre V6 and when I was at speed on motorways there were times the car felt like it was trying to take control and it felt bloody dangerous. It turned out to be the lane departure control fighting against my steering to keep the thing "in lane" , turned it off and prob solved.. the feature was far too sensitive for my liking. Haven't noticed it on the P400e but I'm a few warp factors slower than u SVR lot Cool P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #613855 Fri May 21 2021 7:53am
Netsters

England 

Thanks for the replies on this, i know I have a transfer box issue which it will need to go back in for but it did have the front and rear anti roll bar bushes changed, which has improved the “floaty” feeling, but the tramlining is definitely still there. More noticeable of the motorway, but that could be down to well worn sections of roadway.

To eliminate some things, has anyone had the problem and managed to cure it? Range Rover Sport SVR - Santorini Black
Range Rover Sport Autobiography 2016 Yulong White / black interior - Stealth pack
Ferrari 360 F1 Spider red/cream
Ferrari 348 ts red/cream
BMW M4 Convertible Competion Pack

Post #618029 Mon Oct 11 2021 11:27am
Grimble

United Kingdom 

This is my first RRS and moving up from a narrower car I have also experienced this. However, as I got the car in the middle of lockdown, there was very little traffic on the roads, so unusually for me, I was spending a lot more time on the inside lanes of motorways. As traffic has returned, I'm back to lanes 3 and 4 and the problem seems to have gone away. I came to the conclusion that there's nothing wrong with the car, just the poor quality of our road surfaces due to heavy use by trucks. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #618045 Tue Oct 12 2021 9:42am
martrrs

United Kingdom 

I've found that the tramlining has gone away since I changed from 22inch wheels to 20inch wheels. Obviously it's a bit less of a sporty drive now and doesn't feel as sure footed around the corners.

Post #618047 Tue Oct 12 2021 10:48am
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

Yeah nature of the beast on SVR

I've had one or two of them and they follow the camber/imperfections of the road religiously.

Will be better if you have it in manual terrain mode and leave it in comfort as sometimes auto gets a bit carried away and stiffens the dampers which makes the problem more noticeable when you're not actually doing spirited driving.

I stopped speccing the summer tyres as they did it a lot more, the all season tyres are better. You can tell because even if the camber is slightly to the left as per default the wheel will sit 2 degrees to the left like the camber, sit in the middle of the road and it will sit dead straight. Non JLR Vehicle

Post #618062 Tue Oct 12 2021 6:22pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1