RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > Any Members With HSE That Has A Full Leather Dash ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Any Members With HSE That Has A Full Leather Dash ?

Hello All

I am in the process of ordering my car and was wondering if the hse dynamic with the Windsor extended leather comes with a full leather dash ie is the top portion leather as well as the front part.

In the configurator if you select the extended leather in Windsor ebony/ebony the picture shows a non leather top dash but if you select indoor ebony/eclipse then it shows the leather top dash.

Not sure if this a bug in the configurator or what so was wondering if there was any member who could answer this question for me as the sales person does not seem to have a clue when I spoke to him today.

I would also appreciate if there are any members who can advise me whether they would go for the Windsor leather or the semi alline leather seats ?

Thanks in advance !

Post #613071 Thu Apr 29 2021 12:34am
Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver

I can't answer any of your numerous questions unfortunately, but the fact that you comment that you were "wondering if there was any member who could answer this question for me as the sales person does not seem to have a clue when I spoke to him today" is an appalling reflection on the competence in your sales advisor. This person expects you to pay a huge amount of money for a car that he has no idea about.
I would be inclined to email him to put your questions to him and Cc the dealership principle. The last thing you want when you take delivery of your new car is buyers remorse because it's not exactly what you wanted through no fault of your own.

Post #613073 Thu Apr 29 2021 8:33am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Strange that the configurator doesn't tell you what's in the extended leather pack (just checked to be sure). On other models, the Velar for example, it details what's in the extended and fully extended packs as they are options.

Usual lack of joined up approach by LR. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #613077 Thu Apr 29 2021 10:27am
Eagle77

England 

I really struggled to get much clarity over what is included in the extended leather pack. On the HSE / HSE Silver its a very steep £1300 additional cost for the extended leather and only upgrades the door tops and central dash section - no mention of the top of the dashboard. Dealer actually told he couldn't tell the difference between the ones with extended leather / standard unless he looked very closely and checked the build.

Frankly I think its one of those things which if you don't have you don't really miss whereas to me things like a heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise or 360 camera once you have had on a car will leave me always wishing I had specced it. Another odd thing is that the steering wheel centre appears to be plastic on the HSE and HSE Dynamic while on the ATB and HSE Silver is appears to have stitching giving a slightly more premium feel and there does not seem to be a way to spec this on the Dynamic as far as I can tell.

Also try looking on the LR approved used cars site - they have lots of photos of 2021 cars with different options which may shed some light on it. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #613081 Thu Apr 29 2021 11:42am
rrsfan

Oldandconfused wrote:
I can't answer any of your numerous questions unfortunately, but the fact that you comment that you were "wondering if there was any member who could answer this question for me as the sales person does not seem to have a clue when I spoke to him today" is an appalling reflection on the competence in your sales advisor. This person expects you to pay a huge amount of money for a car that he has no idea about.
I would be inclined to email him to put your questions to him and Cc the dealership principle. The last thing you want when you take delivery of your new car is buyers remorse because it's not exactly what you wanted through no fault of your own.

I did think of doing something similar but I think he is new as he constantly says he will get back to me when I have a query. I don’t want to get the chap into any trouble just yet that's why for now I am getting every response in writing to cover myself.

Last edited by rrsfan on Thu Apr 29 2021 11:56am. Edited 1 time in total

Post #613082 Thu Apr 29 2021 11:44am
rrsfan

RRSTDV8 wrote:
Strange that the configurator doesn't tell you what's in the extended leather pack (just checked to be sure). On other models, the Velar for example, it details what's in the extended and fully extended packs as they are options.

Usual lack of joined up approach by LR.

Totally agree with you ! what's also strange is when you choose the ebony/eclipse option you can clearly see that the top dash changes to leather as you can see the stitching then changes back to what must be the plastic dash.

Post #613083 Thu Apr 29 2021 11:47am
rrsfan

Eagle77 wrote:
I really struggled to get much clarity over what is included in the extended leather pack. On the HSE / HSE Silver its a very steep £1300 additional cost for the extended leather and only upgrades the door tops and central dash section - no mention of the top of the dashboard. Dealer actually told he couldn't tell the difference between the ones with extended leather / standard unless he looked very closely and checked the build.

Frankly I think its one of those things which if you don't have you don't really miss whereas to me things like a heated steering wheel, adaptive cruise or 360 camera once you have had on a car will leave me always wishing I had specced it. Another odd thing is that the steering wheel centre appears to be plastic on the HSE and HSE Dynamic while on the ATB and HSE Silver is appears to have stitching giving a slightly more premium feel and there does not seem to be a way to spec this on the Dynamic as far as I can tell.

Also try looking on the LR approved used cars site - they have lots of photos of 2021 cars with different options which may shed some light on it.

Thanks Eagle77 great idea about looking at the used cars !

As for the leather dash question I actually had a chat with the helpline pop up that appears on the configurator and asked them the question and they sent me the following pic, which would indicate that the WHOLE dash and steering is covered as he placed the red dots on the steering wheel, door cards and the top of the dash.

Click image to enlarge

Post #613084 Thu Apr 29 2021 11:54am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

"I don’t want to get the chap into any trouble just yet that's why for now I am getting every response in writing to cover myself.

This is where we as a nation are Censored This is why we get crap service. Never complain, why not, as stated you are paying around £80k & he can't be bothered to find out. Tell him to answer your queries or you will go elsewhere. Hundreds of dealers out there waiting on your call. I'm fizzing after reading that. Your a big boy, get it sorted

Post #613091 Thu Apr 29 2021 2:44pm
rrsfan

I take your point Lindab you artic right but they gave me a really good deal that no one else could match so if it means a btt more hassle for me its worth the £1k plus I have saved Smile

Post #613097 Thu Apr 29 2021 7:02pm
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Fair point on the saving, but you should not put up with incompetence. You are asking valid questions. Phone the Sales Manager. Apologies if I came on too strong but these people really annoy me. Your paying his salary & bonus.

Post #613138 Sat May 01 2021 10:56am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Or go elsewhere and find someone who is able to deal with you properly. 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #613139 Sat May 01 2021 12:42pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1