Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
Need Some Advice Please About HSE v ATB Spec Price Diff

Hello All

I have placed an order for a RRS P400e ATB with the following spec
Secure Tracker Pro
Driver Assist Pack (Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, Lane Keep Assist, Surround Camera System, Blind Spot Assist, Park Assist)
21' 5 split-spoke 'Style 5007' with Silver finish
Head-Up Display
Privacy Glass
Domestic Plug Socket(s)
Pixel LED headlights with signature DRL
Activity Key
Extended Dark Grey Oak Veneer 188KA
Charging Cables

The above spec comes to about £95,5k before any discounts.

While browsing through the older "orders" forum today I noticed quite a few people placing orders for the HSE spec rather than the Autobiography spec so I decided to see why this was because I thought the ATB spec works out better in terms of the standard options and price.

I specced a HSE P400e and then selected all the options that I would get with my ATB spec. The only thing I was not able to match was the dark grey veneer as with the ATB you get the "extended veneer" (not sure difference with standard and extended veneer). The total came to about £91,5k !!!

I am not sure what it is that I am getting extra on the ATB spec that I would not get on the HSE spec. Can any member tel me what makes the ATB spec worth more than 4K extra. Is there a difference in terms of the look or spec of the car because I can't work it out and my sales person is away for the week and I don’t have long left to change the spec of my car.

This is the spec of the ATB https://build.landrover/E8545A78
This is the spec of the HSE https://build.landrover/A9C4C88B

Would greatly appreciate if there is any member who can give me some advice/guidance on this matter.

Thanks in advance !

Post #613040 Tue Apr 27 2021 6:12pm
Eagle77

England 

You have specced a HSE dynamic for comparison rather than a HSE but the point stands - I have never understood this as the isn’t any difference really. I think ATB has a little chrome trim on the electric seat controls rather than just back plus a nice badge on the back….on ATB you do get a black contrast roof as standard but if you are going santorini black anyway it doesn’t matter. MY2022 HSE Silver D300 in Firenze Red with black contrast roof
2018 XC90 D5 Inscription with Polestar...gone
2017 XC90 D5 RDesign....gone
2013 Audi Q7...lot of issues...gone
2012 Mercedes CLS...loved it...gone

Post #613042 Tue Apr 27 2021 7:56pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Isn't it just "snob/badge tax"? You want to have the top of the range badge on the back, sir? Then pay a premium, sir.

You get the same vehicle for less but "everyone will know you you could afford the Autobiography, sir!".

Otherwise known as "taking the Censored out of the punter to fleece him for a few quid more on an already ridiculously expensive car". 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #613051 Tue Apr 27 2021 10:27pm
Swiggy

Scotland 
Re: Need Some Advice Please About HSE v ATB Spec Price Diff

rrsfan wrote:
Hello All

I have placed an order for a RRS P400e ATB with the following spec
Secure Tracker Pro
Driver Assist Pack (Adaptive Cruise Control with Steering Assist, Lane Keep Assist, Surround Camera System, Blind Spot Assist, Park Assist)
21' 5 split-spoke 'Style 5007' with Silver finish
Head-Up Display
Privacy Glass
Domestic Plug Socket(s)
Pixel LED headlights with signature DRL
Activity Key
Extended Dark Grey Oak Veneer 188KA
Charging Cables

The above spec comes to about £95,5k before any discounts.

While browsing through the older "orders" forum today I noticed quite a few people placing orders for the HSE spec rather than the Autobiography spec so I decided to see why this was because I thought the ATB spec works out better in terms of the standard options and price.

I specced a HSE P400e and then selected all the options that I would get with my ATB spec. The only thing I was not able to match was the dark grey veneer as with the ATB you get the "extended veneer" (not sure difference with standard and extended veneer). The total came to about £91,5k !!!

I am not sure what it is that I am getting extra on the ATB spec that I would not get on the HSE spec. Can any member tel me what makes the ATB spec worth more than 4K extra. Is there a difference in terms of the look or spec of the car because I can't work it out and my sales person is away for the week and I don’t have long left to change the spec of my car.

This is the spec of the ATB https://build.landrover/E8545A78
This is the spec of the HSE https://build.landrover/A9C4C88B

Would greatly appreciate if there is any member who can give me some advice/guidance on this matter.

Thanks in advance !

I just had a quick look on my iPhone so not great to see the details - both nice cars that look fab. If you’re going down the PCP route, then you’ll get an extra £1k off the AB, and ultimately depends on what deal you can get on each of the cars. Using just the PCP numbers, the difference is down to just 3k after different FDAs. If you’re going to have it as a keeper, then the HSE makes sense, but when you look at Guaranteed Future values, then the AB is worth roughly £2.8k more after 4 years, so when you add these 2 together, then there is no real difference and comes down to the badge versus head. Ultimately, the difference will be down to whichever car you can negotiate the best discount on, which will depend on a number of factors! Good luck with both, I’m 6 months into RRS ownership after a number of Discos, X5 and XC90s, best by far and still brings a smile to my face every time I get in! I went for the HST petrol, but a colleague has a P400e which he loves too!

Post #613133 Sat May 01 2021 6:58am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1