RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > Navi screen stays on?!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

sapkan

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black
Navi screen stays on?!

Today I had to go to my garage to pick up something I forgot in the car. After exiting and locking I noticed that the Navi screen stayed on and so did the stereo display. Came back after 10 mins they were still on???! Then using the remote I unlocked and locked the car several times to no result. Then I unlocked and as I opened the door both screens went off. I find that odd and illogical. Is there something I am doing wrong or is there a fault with the car? 2006 Java Black S/C

Post #61205 Mon Oct 09 2006 6:21pm
JayMann

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Buckingham Blue

A lot of people have said the same thing! I find that if you put the key in the ignition and twist it to the first piston and then back it will go off this is long but it works Smile RRS TDV6 Gone but still around
SL55 AMG
760Li Alpina
BMW 535D M Sport
BMW X6 XDrive35D
BMW 320D Coupe M Sport
And A Van For Rex!

WINNER - 2008's Idler Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Comedian Of The Year
WINNER - 2008's Funniest Incident

I love boobies i love boobies i love boobies cuz i'm a big kid now! (Come on everybody sing with me you know the words!)

Post #61207 Mon Oct 09 2006 8:03pm
PJPR01

United States 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Cairns Blue

Actually has nothing to do with the key under normal operations...it's simpler than that. It's true that the radio will go off when you turn the car off, however, the stereo and hence Nav Screen can be turned on without the key in the ignition, so if you "accidentally" hit the radio button on your way out of the car, it will indeed stay on for approx 20-30 minutes.

Try working on your car one day in the garage without the key, turn on the radio and then you'll see how long it goes before turning off automatically.

Cheers. PJPR
Cairns Blue HSE
180k Miles of Adventure

Post #61228 Tue Oct 10 2006 1:57am
sapkan

2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Java Black

Is there a software version that cures that as well as the notorious suspension errors? I got one yesterday it was something like special systems off, max 30mph... etc. I stopped, tuned the car off, then on again and it was gone. When I was slowing down to stop the ride got really jumpy, weird?! You would not expect that on a car so expensive. The thing that bugs me the most is that people have been compaining about these sort of things forever and my 2006 Spetember production S/C is still plagued by these errors. You would expect Land Rover has addressed them by now but not to be. I am really bored by the whole thing. 2006 Java Black S/C

Post #61311 Tue Oct 10 2006 12:39pm
MDP

United Kingdom 

Take it into your dealer & let the "plug" it in...... all error messages are recorded & they will be able to solve your electrical problems. 
" WITH MORE EXTRAS THAN A HOLLYWOOD EPIC "

Post #61313 Tue Oct 10 2006 12:46pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1