RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Retro fit 360 view
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

zenman63

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver
Retro fit 360 view

As Above looking at retro fitting 360 view and trailer assist, anyone done this ?

Mirror cameras and terrain control knob I know of and coding but has it been done?

Post #611729 Sun Mar 21 2021 6:37pm
SC247

United Kingdom 

Hi I looked into doing this but unlike some upgrades the wiring and camera cables are missing from the standard loom so stopped me in my tracks

Post #612017 Sun Mar 28 2021 9:18am
zenman63

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Siberian Silver

I know the wires will be missing but with only one central camera on the late cars it cannot be hard to get the cable to that.
And mirror cameras with the right door harness etc all from a crashed car.

Post #612819 Tue Apr 20 2021 3:25pm
pjbracer1

England 

find out where the video inputs go inside the dash somewhere, the buy a few of these

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Rear-Front-...SwB4Je6FIL

Then use the Gap tool to enable it maybe but I think there is and interface unit that they all connect up to in the dash or somewhere and I reckong there will be all sorts of things needed to get it all working.

The alternative is to fit the cameras as above or buy gen ones but I bet they will sting and are not that high res! The fit one of the aftermarket carplay interfaces that have the inputs for cameras built in to them, there are 2 types one that leave the main screen as it shold be in the car and the unit goes behind so you dont lose any car functions, or one that upgades the whole head unit for an Android unit that is skinned similar to the OWM look but has its own GPS, SIm slot and camera inputs and will all work from a stock looking unitl in the dash (the onyl thing is the surround is piano black so will show finger prints but I guess it could be sprayed matt).

Doing the above is probably easier and quicker than sourcing parts from a wrecked car plus less hassle tyring to get the right parts for the right year and then hoping it can be enables using the the GAP tool etc...
It would only be rooting a few camera feeds cables back into the car rather than looms with lots of plugs etc... for the mirror cams you might be lucky to pick up some mirrors with the cameras already in them and you could either replace off the car (i dont know if they are just basic cameras or need to talk the the car with firmware which is suspect they do) then feed the cable back in through the door grommets and into the dash.

It will be quite a job but probably less painful than the trying LR parts retro fit, Also those cams on ebay are moveable so you can get the angle you need for the job, they do fixed ones too.

Im fitting a carplay unit to mine as soon as it arrives, just the one that is hidden behind the dash. I have the full 360 cams on mine so I will have a look and see what I find in the dash.

Failing that if its jsut for trailer hitching just stik a go pro on the back and use you phone, older GoPro 5's are pretty cheap now and and instant fix. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #612820 Tue Apr 20 2021 4:16pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1