RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General > L320 wishbones and bushing question
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Alfie

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Java Black
L320 wishbones and bushing question

Hi everyone, I’ve owned my tdv8 for 6 years now, most annoying thing is the knocks and groans from the car as I travel along our pit holed bumpy roads and very noticeable around supermarket car parks at low speed to the point it is quite embarrassing 😳 less than 20k miles ago I had both front lower wishbones replaced and less than 10k miles ago I had front sway bar bushes replaced, just out of interest how long would you expect these items to last before it sounds like I’m riding in a horse cart ? My rear wishbones and bushes have never been replaced to my knowledge and I do have a leaking front antiroll bar which could be affecting the performance from the front bushes if they are getting contaminated with fluid from the roll bar I suspect? Thanks in advance for suggestions and advise, 🙏

Post #612457 Sat Apr 10 2021 8:41am
MartinsTDV8

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

The main component parts; wishbones and various bushes last around 7ish years, depending in driving conditions.

I had the horrible slow speed bed squeaking noise from the front, despite the paperwork when I bought it saying the front wishbones were new. Turns out they were new, but made of cheap steel.

A new set of genuine parts cured the noise.

The bumps and bangs have finally been cured by replacing the new genuine LR front ARB bushes with the slightly larger ProPoly ARB bushes.

I’ve just hadvthe rear wishbones changed, as it failed its MOT on worn bushes, and its like driving a new car. Now the suspension has stopped squeaking and banging, I now can hear the CV joint and propshaft banging Rolling with laughter Previously owned 1999 Disco 2 TD5
Disco 3 HSE TDV6 2007
Gone 2007 TDV8 RRS1 in Buckingham Blue.

How do know if the knocking at the front has been sorted?

You can hear the knocking at the rear better

Post #612458 Sat Apr 10 2021 10:28am
Alfie

England 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Lux Java Black

I had the front wishbones fitted at Nene Overland so I was hoping they would have used genuine but let’s face it who knows 😉🤔 I think I’ll be looking at getting wishbones front and rear (genuine!) and bushes probably poly type. Did you have top wishbones replaced or just bottom? And may I ask where you purchased your genuine parts from?!cheers

Post #612476 Sat Apr 10 2021 5:48pm
MartinsTDV8

Scotland 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Buckingham Blue

Alfie

I had the front lower ones supplied and fitted by a local Indie in London in 2018.

The rear lower ones were done last month by a local garage here in the Highlands. I don’t know where they sourced them.

Initially I had them fit LR ARM bushes to the front, but within two months they started clonking. So on the advice of Disco Mikey on here, I got them to fit ProPoly ARB’s in their place.

I have also had the top suspension mount bushes replaced - front and rear.

The car now does not creak, or squeak or bang over bumps, probably for the first time in its life.. Previously owned 1999 Disco 2 TD5
Disco 3 HSE TDV6 2007
Gone 2007 TDV8 RRS1 in Buckingham Blue.

How do know if the knocking at the front has been sorted?

You can hear the knocking at the rear better

Post #612501 Sun Apr 11 2021 9:40am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1