RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Part number for MY16 rear view mirror with high beam assist
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 3 of 4 <1234>

Heremyjill

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Hello SC247,

Did you have to go to the 'indie' to get your new mirror set up first so that the GAP iid Tool would see it?

After two 'false starts' I am now thinking of buying a new mirror, but do not really want the hassle of involving a third party to get the ECU on the mirror to show up on the GAP iid ECU list.

If you could let me know, I would appreciate it

Thank you "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB
Now 2018MY Ford Fiesta ST Line 140bhp
Gone 2006MY BMW X5 3.0d Le Mans
Gone 2001MY BMW 530d Estate

Post #610885 Tue Mar 02 2021 11:54am
pjbracer1

England 

I think they need to use JLR SDD to programm it to the car so the car knows it there and they install the software, and Indie should be able to do this for a fee mind.

The Gap Guys only say about using the second hand uit as their tools can only read items already set up, the mirrors I belive come blank.

This is a post has a guy in franc ethat is using SDD to set one up that might shed some light.

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic57638.html

The other alternative would be to buy a new mirror bite the bulitt and get it fitted by a dealer (they will only program it to the spec of you car) but onces it is connected to the car then the gap flashing method would be able to change the firmware to the version needed and then you can enable it.

Long process and not the cheapest but you have gone this far might as well go all in to get it sorted. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #610890 Tue Mar 02 2021 12:22pm
SC247

United Kingdom 

Heremyjill wrote:
Hello SC247,

Did you have to go to the 'indie' to get your new mirror set up first so that the GAP iid Tool would see it?

After two 'false starts' I am now thinking of buying a new mirror, but do not really want the hassle of involving a third party to get the ECU on the mirror to show up on the GAP iid ECU list.

If you could let me know, I would appreciate it

Thank you

No I managed to see the mirror ecu in the CAN network and the GAP tool reflashed firmware.

Post #610892 Tue Mar 02 2021 12:55pm
Heremyjill

[quot[/quote]e]

Thank you SC247.

So there is hope for me then, even if I do buy a brand new (unused) mirror, as I should be able to still see the ECU and the GAP team can give me the flash file.

Will report back to all when I have found a suitable MY2014 mirror[/quote] "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #610893 Tue Mar 02 2021 1:11pm

Sweden 

Having the same problem, mirror from a MY - 15 not showing on ECU list on my MY -16.

Throwing a lot of codes and had to restore
original settings. ******************
RRS 2016 TDV6
DII 1999 V8

Post #611740 Mon Mar 22 2021 7:08am
SC247

United Kingdom 

Hi if its throwing lots of codes then you have the earlier mirror you need a mirror from MY16 onwards

Post #611741 Mon Mar 22 2021 7:17am

Sweden 

Hi, yes seems i have the the other canbus
Speed , hence the hiccups.

Pm me if anyone looking for pre 16 mirror. ******************
RRS 2016 TDV6
DII 1999 V8

Post #611743 Mon Mar 22 2021 8:06am
pjbracer1

England 

Yes this seems to be the case after MY15 cars the MY16 cars ahd a different BUS speed I think this is where the problem occurs.

Its difficult as its often the cars that were regsitered around the change over time seem more effected If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #611748 Mon Mar 22 2021 10:48am
Heremyjill

Hello again.

Just to give everyone an update on my situation.

The mirror I bought with DPLA at the start of the code was the correct one for the vehicle and was 'seen' by the GAP IIT Tool. The problem I then had was that once I uploaded the CCF update which was provided by Pat (at GAP) the LDW would only work once I cleared the fault and would then only work during that ignition cycle. The TSR was working perfectly!

After again talking through the issues with Pat, he worked out that I had actually bought a new mirror (I did not pay a 'new' price) and was therefore missing some ECU basic programming. Not to be deterred by this, he asked if I could give him sometime to come up with a solution and yesterday he did just that.

So I am pleased to advise that now both of the upgrades work and the GAP team now seem to have a way to program any mirrors that are bought brand new.

A big thank you to everyone who contacted me offering advice "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #612152 Wed Mar 31 2021 4:33pm
pjbracer1

England 

Great news glad its sorted now and that Gap can help with the new mirrors, whilst it might be a bit more expensive purchasing new it certainly save a lot of hassle tryign to find and used one as it would apeat that this option was not that popular or there the one that have it fitted seems to have really good drivers with not many accidents!

Good work and from the Gap Team If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #612159 Wed Mar 31 2021 8:17pm
Smoggie35

United Kingdom 
2016 L405 TSR, LDW Retrofit.

Hi Guys, I know this post has been dormant for a few months now but hopefully one of you more experienced folk will be able to help out. I’m new to the forum but after a year owning a 2016 4.4, V8 AB( yes 405 ) for my sins Laughing I thought I’d give this upgrade a go and if it works throw in the LDW assist as well.
Anyway struggling like the others for a mirror second hand but also not 100% sure on the correct Pt No I need for a MY16 model.
I have been looking for a while and just found one (LR052598) Pt No DK52-17E678-GB which I believe is the High line camera going by the pictures

but not sure if it’s either the correct bus speed for my MY16 Or if it’s pre-programmed ( this I doubt). It does seem that the guys at GAP can help out now with this one so it’s just a matter of securing the correct mirror.
I currently have the mid line mirror with the sensor installed Sad so it only has the AHBA active. I have purchased a new LDW switch

Click image to enlarge

to tie in with my DS Steps ( although I don’t think this was needed) and a GAP IID BT 3G on route.
Can anyone point me in the right direction please.

Post #628463 Wed Nov 23 2022 10:56am
Heremyjill

Just been reading through some of my old posts on this forum and from the information that 'pjbracer1' and I discovered when we were carrying out this retrofit project, you do have the correct rear-view mirror for an MY2016 vehicle.
We deduced that the 'G' in the 'part code' indicates an MY2015/16 fitment.

If it is a brand-new (unused) part, then the GAP team will need to be made aware of that so that they can provide the necessary coding for your IID Tool "Every Day is a School Day"

Now 2014MY RRS SDV6 AB

Post #628470 Wed Nov 23 2022 1:12pm
Smoggie35

United Kingdom 

@Heremyjill Thanks for the info, it’s much appreciated.
Just wanted to check first with the Pt No starting with DK and not DPLA/ GPLA. I’ll go ahead and place the order. I’ll make sure to let the guys at GAP know it’s from the factory so will need the extra coding.
Whilst I’m on so you know if there are different mounting brackets for different models? Read somewhere we’re the OP had bought one one only to find the mounting was different?
Thanks again Wink Wink Now 2016 4.4, V8 Santorini Blk AB.
Gone 2000 P38 4.0, V8 Java Blk Guzzler.

Post #628478 Wed Nov 23 2022 2:18pm
pjbracer1

England 

Dpla and GPLa are just different regions is all US vs UK, they are not the actual part numers they are spec or drawing numbers as part number are LR555569 etc...

The 2016 car if a 16 should work with a similar 2015 unit as the can bus speed should be similar (but might not be) the later model might use the newer style bus which can cause issues when connecting to the car as the talk at different speeds.

It best to get a 2nd hand one cos it will have the firmware on it already.

If you look for the right part number and ask the seller for the vin number of the car it came from you could do a spec check and see the exact car it came from and if it was fitted ahba and TSR

Ive added a hideous image of all the Pns for the mirrors with cameras, its best to pick the one and then try and see if you can find the DPLA or GPLA model doing a bit of research.

Dont rule out looking overseas and probably dont go back to 2013 L405 or 2014 models as not many had it.

Good luck If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #628485 Wed Nov 23 2022 5:26pm
Smoggie35

United Kingdom 

@pjbracer1. Thanks for your input.

Have looked around but like you say there aren’t many on the market and currently none 2nd hand. Have looked on eBay.com but nothing there either as well as searching google. I’m certain the one I need is currently LR070535 which has superseded the LR053598 which I can get hold of out of the box so might just take the plunge on that and wait until the IID turns up.
Great help though and no doubt I’ll be back again for more. Bow down

If all goes well here thinking of a retro on a deployable tow bar. Come in handy for tagging the bikes on the back! Razz Now 2016 4.4, V8 Santorini Blk AB.
Gone 2000 P38 4.0, V8 Java Blk Guzzler.

Post #628486 Wed Nov 23 2022 5:39pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 3 of 4 <1234>