RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Warranty Direct
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Johnrrs

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Zambezi Silver
Warranty Direct

Hi I got a reasonable quote from these over the weekend so today I called them to see if they cover the crank shaft. The lady was unsure then read out everything on he engine section of their website . It does state crank shaft and main bearings. Does this mean it will cover this in the event of a complete failure? There is a limit of £10k on claims in 1 year so it won’t pay the lot for a new engine but a nice big chunk. I have attached a screenshot of everything covered engine wise with the warranty.

Post #612085 Mon Mar 29 2021 5:52pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
think it depends what the "small print" says things like "known faults not covered" Confused

If I was paying out for a warranty at the mo I would it in writing from them that Yes the crank of my vehicle was covered

theres been a recent thread from another company trying to get out of paying a claim and its just pain you can do without if you need to claim

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #612091 Mon Mar 29 2021 7:04pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

It actually looks quite good and doesn’t exclude off road use like the original warranty direct. Only time will tell Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #612092 Mon Mar 29 2021 7:14pm
pjbracer1

England 

Weird! I thouhgt they had packed up but I just went to their site and they seem to be back up taking quotes again!

1yr £1197.60 for 2014 AB with 41K

Ramp (im just waiting for a refresh) 1yr £799 apparently covers all enigne components too just need it on writing about the crankshaft I guess)

Im mean any warranty is probably worth having if there was the crankshaft issue and LR offer to cover 50% and then the warranty company cover the other 50 or even maybe 30% it custs down the costs a fair bit even if its not all of it!

Has anyone one on the forum admins reached out to these guys to see if they can pull some strings to get a confirm or Forum discount? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #613420 Sat May 08 2021 2:59pm
Johnrrs

I signed up for it and cost me £957 for a 2015 AB also with 41k. The maximum claim is the vehicles value , not capped at 10k like I originally thought. I got it for piece of mind and if I do sell the vehicle it’s got to be a good selling point and it can be transferred to the next owner.

Post #613425 Sat May 08 2021 4:04pm
pjbracer1

England 

was that the warranty direct policy? Im thinking the same Ive only not got one as the car has hardly been used, its ust had a fresh MOT and sailed through and im thinking about getting the big service done with the belts as its getting to that age now even if the mileage isnt! £1125.50! And the worst thing is Im in Southampton and it looks like my local stealer doesnt do services I need to go to 20 miles down the road to Portsmouth of all places! (only joking Portsmouth people!)

So its gonna be an expensive month! If I throw in Insurance at the end too! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #613427 Sat May 08 2021 4:14pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

Do you not have @n Indy nearby? Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #613432 Sat May 08 2021 5:26pm
Johnrrs

pjbracer1 wrote:
was that the warranty direct policy? Im thinking the same Ive only not got one as the car has hardly been used, its ust had a fresh MOT and sailed through and im thinking about getting the big service done with the belts as its getting to that age now even if the mileage isnt! £1125.50! And the worst thing is Im in Southampton and it looks like my local stealer doesnt do services I need to go to 20 miles down the road to Portsmouth of all places! (only joking Portsmouth people!)

So its gonna be an expensive month! If I throw in Insurance at the end too!

Yes it’s with warranty direct

Post #613436 Sat May 08 2021 6:26pm
pjbracer1

England 

Cool cheers, DaveT I do have an indy who is pretty good although no courtesy car and always busy as hes only a small outfit.

Only reason I thought of blwing the cash was just incase the crankshat issue I might get soem help from LR as goodwil maybe 50-60% if its always been serviced with them and just get the interim ones at the indy for oil! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #613439 Sat May 08 2021 7:06pm
abiopete

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I've had a terrible experience with these.

AC Compressor went on mine and although covered i found them really slow to react. Took about 5 days of toing and froing before finally deciding to just take it back to the dealer i got it from.

Compressor diagnosed (at my cost), first quote of £1k they offered to pay £300 towards. They would only pay £50/hour for labour (got 2 indys here that charge £80/hr, don't know if there's indy's at £50/hr?), deducted 10% excess and wouldn't pay for regassing.

Took it to the second garage and he quoted £732 all in including gassing but WD wanted them to diagnose themselves (at more cost to me).

Lost the will to live at this point and took it back to the dealer (120 mile round trip and a day wasted).

If it was a serious failure i'd be knackered with the speed they worked at. Dreading if anything serious goes wrong with it. L494 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Chile Red (Current)
L320 3.0L SDV6 Autobiography in Baltic Blue (RIP 29/03/2021 insurance total loss)

Post #613636 Fri May 14 2021 10:19am
pjbracer1

England 

I was gonna buy Policy Weds for the main purpose of the crankshaft engine failure issue now that we are allowed to get out and about! But didnt in the end so saved some cash as the engine blew up on the way back home from a short trip, also saved money on the service I was booked in for the next day as it was the 84 month one with belt changes!

Obviously all the money Ive now saved will go toward having to pay LR for a new engine to avoid having a LR ornament sat in my garage!

I think LR have a lot to answer for on this issue as most of the reason for the aftermarket warranties stem from trying to protect ourselves from the engine failures that can happen anytime.

It seems as with all insurance the sales pitch sounds much better than the deal you get, although Im sure many others have had ok experiences, also it depends on how close the car mileage is to 100K as they wont offer it over 10yrs or 100K so Im sure if you are at say 70K the price they pay drops as they will consider it wear and tear so will only contribute to a proportion.

I'm always dubious of these policies as one big failure robs all the profit in one go so there must be many out there who never claim anything to cover it all.

Still will a recon engine from LR I wonder what warranty they will provide on it! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #613641 Fri May 14 2021 11:21am
timhum

United Kingdom 

I reckon you should look at the independent engine reconditioning companies, loads less expensive than LR. Here's one example;

https://dieselheads.co.uk/about/ Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #613643 Fri May 14 2021 12:11pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1