RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Detailing & Car Cleaning > Cleaning a black RRS
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

m13lky

United Kingdom 
Cleaning a black RRS

I usually wash my cars weekly anyway & my Firenze red current car looks great after washing either left to drip dry or a quick dry with a towel. I have ordered a new HSE black edition p400e, I am going to get it ceramic coated but my question is what soap & snow foam do you black car drivers use to make the washing as easy as possible, ie good lather & less water marks etc

Tia

Malc

Post #611841 Wed Mar 24 2021 4:25pm
RobP

United Kingdom 2007 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Java Black

Use whatever snow foam and shampoo you fancy

The key to no water marks on a black car is in the rinse stage.

Normal high pressure rinse with pressure washer followed by a final rinse from open ended hose running through a water filter gives perfect results

THIS is the filter I have TDV8 now with extra grin factor thanks to Alive Tunning: Gone but not forgotten

Post #611887 Thu Mar 25 2021 9:10pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Robp

Thanks for that, I do need a new water filter & this one looks really good so I’ll order one when the car comes, hopefully save swirls aswell!

Cheers

Malc

Post #611892 Thu Mar 25 2021 10:18pm
richamartin

2013 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 Baltic Blue

Best solution i have found is AG Polar Blast to minimize contact, I use with UHD Shampoo.

But the real key is avoiding stains during drying.... Polar Seal does a great job of this...it dries so much easier with a fluffy towel after using this. Now
-----------------------
2022 SVR
2021 Bentley Continental GT
2020 Defender 110
2022 Defender 90 V8
Plus 16 other toys! Wink

Post #611893 Thu Mar 25 2021 10:19pm
Grimble

United Kingdom 

If you live in a hard water area it is not a filter you need to stop stains, it is a water softener, . As the water evaporates off the bodywork, the white stains you see is mostly calcium. This cannot be filtered out as it is dissolved in the water. Check your kettle to see if you have hard water. The white crust on the heating element is often called limescale.
Domestic softeners are not cheap (circa £600) however in terms of reduced cleaning (taps, glass shower panels etc), extended life of kettles, steam irons, showers, dishwashers and washing machines, as well as much reduced consumption of soap, shampoo, detergent and most other cleaning products, I highly recommend getting one.
You also get reduced scum on coffee/tea mugs.

There's plenty of local suppliers, believe me you wont regret getting one. Usually quite easy to plumb it in to the mains. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #611915 Fri Mar 26 2021 11:17am
Jjvd21

United States 

I suggest using a car squeegee after final rinse. You can swipe the entire L494 in under a minute and it makes drying it a lot quicker, which results in less water spots. I can’t recommend a ceramic coating enough, I apply it myself to all my vehicles Thumbs Up 2020 SVR / R.I.P. 2019 SVR / 2016 D4 Landmark / 2005 D3 HSE

Post #611925 Fri Mar 26 2021 1:17pm
Pitcher

United Kingdom 

Grimble wrote:
If you live in a hard water area it is not a filter you need to stop stains, it is a water softener, . As the water evaporates off the bodywork, the white stains you see is mostly calcium. This cannot be filtered out as it is dissolved in the water. Check your kettle to see if you have hard water. The white crust on the heating element is often called limescale.
Domestic softeners are not cheap (circa £600) however in terms of reduced cleaning (taps, glass shower panels etc), extended life of kettles, steam irons, showers, dishwashers and washing machines, as well as much reduced consumption of soap, shampoo, detergent and most other cleaning products, I highly recommend getting one.
You also get reduced scum on coffee/tea mugs.

There's plenty of local suppliers, believe me you wont regret getting one. Usually quite easy to plumb it in to the mains.

Not quite true.

Get yourself inline resin filters and a TDS meter, my water here is 270 parts per million of crap, but goes up and down daily.

I foolishly brought a small resin filter like window cleaners would use, using a hose pipe for swill down this drops it to around 60ppm, so I brought a larger one, and use them inline, the small one takes all the hit (as it holds less resin, cheaper to refill), and the larger one just polishes the water and lasts longer, and gets it to 0 ppm.

But resin isn't cheap, I also use mine for water for my tropical fish, I was paying £2.50 per 20/25 litres depending where went.

And I need 60+ litres on a water change for the fish tank.

So photos, resin filters, tds meter and my rinsed/air dryer car.

Post #640263 Fri Mar 08 2024 6:51pm
Red Arrow

United Kingdom 
Re: Cleaning a black RRS

m13lky wrote:
I usually wash my cars weekly anyway & my Firenze red current car looks great after washing either left to drip dry or a quick dry with a towel. I have ordered a new HSE black edition p400e, I am going to get it ceramic coated but my question is what soap & snow foam do you black car drivers use to make the washing as easy as possible, ie good lather & less water marks etc

Tia

Malc

Bilt Hamber - Touchless for snow foam , the latest version Thumbs Up
I have used most and this is superb on my black RRS.
The Bilt Hamber Auto Wheel wheel cleaner is also the best product I have used on wheels Thumbs Up

Post #640269 Fri Mar 08 2024 11:27pm
Pitcher

United Kingdom 

I have a shed full of detailing products.
I usually start with a citrus pre wash, mixed up in a pump spray bottle, my favourites are Infinity Wax or Autobrite direct, due to the cost of a 5 litre drum and how well they perform.

Then snowfoam, many, Some just have different colourings and fragrances added, I have yellow custard, purple jelly bean, a green aftershave one there all Autobrite directs, I also have Infinity wax powerfoam, HD car car candied apple, this one is Alkaline based so has more cleaning power, but could possibly start stripping waxes.

Shampoos, ceramic coated try Car Pro reset, helps unclog the ceramic coating when it stops or starts to slow down on beading.

Uncoated cars try a ceramic infused shampoo, Mothers CMX, Autobrite ceramic infused shampoo, but Carchem ceramic suds is my current favourite.

Then uncoated cars I like Infinity wax Synergy boost, a temporary snow foam applied ceramic coating, I've had a few months out of this at max ratio applied.

I also like Bouncers done and dusted Si edition over the top, a high content ceramic quick detail spary, needs to be kept dry first 4 hours and takes 24 hours for full effects to show.

So for me, a ceramic shampoo, synergy boost and done and dusted over the top, I get good results lasting a couple of months.

Post #640274 Sat Mar 09 2024 10:01am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1