RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > "Vehicle lean when cornering"
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Oldandconfused

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Zermatt Silver
"Vehicle lean when cornering"

Here we go again, went round a roundabout yesterday and yellow fault pings up on the instrument cluster; vehicle lean when cornering.
Having had a look on here I tried the cycling ignition, waiting 5 seconds before hitting the start button, but it pings back up after 5 seconds or so.
I've had a look underneath and no leaks from pipes or block and nothing dripping from ARC bars albeit I can't get properly underneath. The reservoir is still at the full level but it does seem to "buzz" a little with the engine running.
I'm hoping it's not one of the ARC bars, but from looking on here it could of course be a solenoid, or the valve block, or a sensor, or the BCM.
I've dropped it off at a LR indi garage with diagnostic equipment for the reading of the tea leaves but they are very busy and they may be able to get the codes read this week if they slot it in.
There's nothing more I can do, but would appreciate anyone else's experiences so I can brace the old wallet (I can't believe I actually want to scare myself in advance).

Post #611228 Tue Mar 09 2021 2:44pm
Oldandconfused

Panic over, the garage managed to put it on a code reader and the lateral accelerometer needed recalibrating, a bit of a relief and the car is now back home Very Happy
The garage under promised and overdelivered Thumbs Up

Post #611249 Tue Mar 09 2021 8:52pm
Buckster

England 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

The what needed calibrating!? Shocked 2003 BMW M5 - 5 Litres of V8 Optimax Slurping Goodness in Carbon Black

2013 SDV6 HSE Black Edition- Orkney Grey with Ebony & Ivory. LR Facelift RAI, Genuine G4 Expedition Rack, 4x Warn SBD-160 Spotlights, Warn 9.5XPS Winch, Mantec Underbody Protection and Sump Guard, Full Easy Lift Suspension Module, LR Light Guards, Light Force HTX230 Hybrid spotlights, 18” Compomotive PD1881 on 265/65/18 BF Goodrich KO2, ARB fridge, TuffTrek awning 😎

Post #611250 Tue Mar 09 2021 9:11pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

There's are five off them in total I think one in the middle at the front and one on the left and one on the right at the rear, also a couple more one behind headlining by the interior light pod and one by the dynamic valve block under the o/s of car, not sure which does what though. Laughing say's the front and rear one's are used by the adaptive dynamic system, the roof one and o/s one with the dynamic response system, but could have that all wrong.

Cheers
Col

Post #611255 Tue Mar 09 2021 9:57pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Two accelerometers - one up by the rear view mirror and one on the chassis rail below the driver (near the dynamic response valve block). There's also a yaw sensor on the cabin floor below the centre console.

Quote:
Two accelerometers are used; an upper and a lower. Both accelerometers are identical in their construction.
The lower accelerometer is secured to the underside of the vehicle floor, on the RH inner sill panel, below the front door. The
upper accelerometer is secured to a bracket on the body roof panel, in a central position at the top of the windscreen.

The lower accelerometer is the primary sensor used to measure lateral acceleration of the vehicle for roll control. The upper
accelerometer is used by the Dynamic Response control module for roll correction and fault detection in conjunction with the
lower accelerometer.

Each accelerometer is a capacitive acceleration sensor and operates on a 5V supply from the dynamic response control module. The upper and lower accelerometers can measure acceleration in the range of ±1.11 g and return an output to the control module of between 0.5 and 4.5V.

Failures of an accelerometer are recorded by the control module and can be retrieved using a Land Rover approved diagnostic system. A special tool is required to remove and replace the accelerometer in the mounting bracket.

Note: this is for the L320 which uses the accelerometers for dynamic response (active anti roll bars).

The L494 has additional accelerometers as Col mentions with two at the front (left and right) and one at the rear. These are for the adaptive dynamics - the active dampers fitted to the L494. The L494 also has the two mentioned for the L320 for its own active anti roll bars, giving 5 in total.

Complicated wee beasties!

Tell a lie Embarassed . The facelift L320 has three additional accelerometers too for it's active dampers! But these are split two at the rear and one at the front.

So original L320 has two accelerometers, facelift L320 and the L494 have 5 but they're in different places. Complicated indeed! 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #611263 Tue Mar 09 2021 11:24pm
Col

Location off them on the L320 with active suspension. Bedtime reading if anybody really really want's to read all about. Laughing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PGWZe5h0c...sp=sharing

Cheers
Col

Post #611264 Wed Mar 10 2021 12:03am
Oldandconfused

I hadn't heard of them either before today, just pleased it was a simple fix.

Post #611265 Wed Mar 10 2021 12:36am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

Col wrote:
There's are five off them in total I think one in the middle at the front and one on the left and one on the right at the rear, also a couple more one behind headlining by the interior light pod and one by the dynamic valve block under the o/s of car, not sure which does what though. Laughing say's the front and rear one's are used by the adaptive dynamic system, the roof one and o/s one with the dynamic response system, but could have that all wrong.

Cheers
Col

Col

I am very mpressed with your knowledge on RRSs....the majority of questions I have seen posted, you have given the answer in form or another..

Hats off to you mate Thumbs Up

Post #611266 Wed Mar 10 2021 12:56am
Col

Not really Ash, I'm just a sad sod with nothing better to do with my time than play about with the car, and read workshop manuals, most of it can be found with a couple of click of a mouse Rolling with laughter

Post #611269 Wed Mar 10 2021 1:13am
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

Three different answers depending on the age of the RRS in question. Which sums up Land Rover ownership to a tee! Rolling with laughter

As you say Col, a flick through the manual gives the answers. Sadly, I did my initial response from memory and quoted the relevant bit of the original L320. Then I checked the L494 out of interest - being a nerd - and then I realised that the facelift L320 might be different to the original and so - being a nerd - I checked that manual too! Laughing

Is it sad that I have the manuals for the original L320, the facelift L320 and the L494? I had an original L320 and I've not got a facelift. But I've never had a L494.

Oh, and I think I've got the L322 FFRR manual too. Never had one of those either.

I need a larger anorak! Rolling with laughter 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #611270 Wed Mar 10 2021 1:53am
Col

Thumbs Up Yeah , sad I know subscribed to Topix a while back for something I wanted, so while there though I would get my moneys worth and downloaded the latest workshop manual although to be fair most of it's the same, just laid out a bit different also owners handbook for my car and created my own pdf version's, I really ought to make another appointment with my therapist Evil or Very Mad and start taking the tablets again. Rolling with laughter

Cheers
Col

Post #611271 Wed Mar 10 2021 2:14am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1