RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > RRS PHEV - styling options
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Poojah

United Kingdom 
RRS PHEV - styling options

Ok, so I’m in the market for my first RRS, looking to make the step up from my Jag F-pace. I’m also looking to go for my first hybrid, so the PHEV option looks perfect.

In terms of spec, I think I prefer the slightly cheaper HSE Silver to the HSE Dynamic - I prefer the standard wheels on the former (which would cost an extra £1,250 on the Dynamic) whilst it also comes with privacy glass by default. I’m not sure if I’m missing some fundamental benefits that the Dynamic offers, but that’s my thinking.

However, there is one aesthetic feature that narks me - the lower part of the bodywork is always black, regardless of what body colour is opted for. Is this just one of those annoying things that car manufacturers do to encourage people to upgrade to pricier trim levels, or is there a workaround?

Thoughts appreciated!

Post #610797 Sun Feb 28 2021 4:56pm
Eagle77

England 

I have gone for a HSE Silver as I wanted a pano roof, tints, heated wheel, upgraded sound system and love the wheels too which you don’t get in the HSE Dynamic base model so to add these would have been 6-7k more when the dynamic is already somewhat more. Also finally decided on Black so the lower black trim parts blend better. If I wasn’t going for black then would definitely have added a black roof. I also didn’t need the extra off road terrain response bits you get on the dynamic so felt I wasn’t really losing anything though would have liked the extra seat colour options with the dynamic.

Post #610802 Sun Feb 28 2021 7:17pm
Poojah

United Kingdom 

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know what the supposed advantages of the Dynamic are, because as you point out it actually seems like you’re paying more for much less (and would then have to fork out several more grand to add the missing items back on).

As it happens, adding the black contrast roof does seem to make it work a lot better. Does this still come as the panoramic option do you know?

Final question - do you have the PHEV hybrid model yourself? Just interested to know what kind of range you get in practice and how long it takes for a full charge.

Thanks!

Post #610810 Sun Feb 28 2021 8:36pm
Chips

England 

Don't know about on PHEV but on the normal engine ones dynamic pack gives you much better road handling through a torque vectoring diff not just better off road bits MY 18 RRS HSE Dynamic ,MY 16 RRS Autobiography now gone & MY 2005 Discovery 3 HSE that I will be buried in !

Post #610815 Sun Feb 28 2021 8:43pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

I don't think that is the case on the P400.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #610831 Mon Mar 01 2021 10:40am
Rusty Ranger

United Kingdom 

Mine has black bits along the bottom of the doors, which looked naff (to me) in the configurator. However, now that the car is here, I don't notice the black bits at all. In fact, I had to go outside and check to see whether they are black or red,

Post #610865 Mon Mar 01 2021 11:48pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

i didn't order the Silver due to the black bits, so speced my Dynamic to silver spec, black glass, roof etc, i've since replaced the wheels with black ones, 21 inch wheels can be had pretty cheap second hand (everyone wants 22s) with respectable tires so don't let that but you off (assuming you can store the originals if you need to keep them!).  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #610874 Tue Mar 02 2021 8:33am
Eagle77

England 

I originally ordered my HSE Silver order in santorini which had the black bottom trim but being all black looks the same as the dynamic. This morning I asked my dealer to amend the exterior colour to Firenze red with contract black roof as I think the black roof works quite well with the lower black trim. Still think the hse silver gives much better value for money than the dynamic - money that I have spent on things like the drive pro pack and 360 camera ( I am going from a 2018 XC90 which has all this as standard). This what the car now looks like:

Post #611098 Sun Mar 07 2021 12:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1