RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > MY16 RRS Sport 3.0Diesel - Service Quote - reasonable ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

garyparson

United Kingdom 

Tim in Scotland wrote:
Surprising that a MY 16 doesn’t have the service contract option as in 2015/16 it was so cheap an option that it was a no-brainer.

I just had a quote off an indy for a service when I read this comment. I emailed local RR dealer and thought it was worth a try (MY17), and sure enough there is a service plan still in operation Smile Winner, cheers.

Post #611038 Sat Mar 06 2021 1:09am
Cornishman

United Kingdom 
Dealership servicing costs

2016 SDV6, 32000mile £517,48000 mile £477,64000mile including MOT £703, and 80000mile service including MOT £460. All at main dealership on Devon / Cornwall border. Sump plug washer charged at £1:10, each time ,but car comes back nice and clean! In fact disenfected last January.

Post #611046 Sat Mar 06 2021 10:30am
chrisjsw

United Kingdom 

gtr_skyline wrote:
Good point - will challenge and shop around per suggestions - thanks

Langley 4x4 are really good and sensibly priced 2015 Range Rover Sport L494 HSE Dynamic
Works at an Indy in Herts

Post #611108 Sun Mar 07 2021 4:37pm
riverblanche

United Kingdom 

Hi,
prices may have changed a bit due to the "Time Delay" Whistle

I had been thinking GTR's Annual service was running a bit late Rolling with laughter

Thumbs Up Porsche Cayenne 2022
gone Porsche Cayenne 2020
gone Corris Grey HSE Dynamic 2016
gone Ipanema HSE lux 2010
gone Rimini HSE 2005
!!

Post #611112 Sun Mar 07 2021 6:22pm
pjbracer1

England 

Ive tried getting a quote out of my local for just an oil change so I have a price as the reality is over the last year and since its last service the cars has hardly been used! So paying out for a full service seemes overkill.

Im happy to keep the dealer history up to a certain point but when the only really consumable part that has a life expectancy is the oil, although I thought it was all fully synthetic oil used now so it probably doesnt really need changing for quite a long time, the only reason for changing would be if the filter was getting dirty.

My Merc had fully synthetic in it and the guys show you a sample of the oil they removed and it look clean only a little bit more colourful thant brand new!

I though LR did a fixed service price for cars over a certain age anyway but cant find the pricing any more online
It was called 3+ Servicing and I remember Inchape having pricing on their website for the different model cars the cost of the service and fixed price services liek fornt and reaer brakes etc... and to be fair it seemed pretty reasonable consifer it was a dealer doing the work, but I guess they have removed all of them now as they want you to "Enquire" or "Call" them.

Maybe Ill send my local another email for a price, just looked at a 3 yr plan for my 2014 car and its £3360 for the 3 yrs and can be paid monthly but thats over 1k per service which seems over the top when hardly anything gets done apart from and inspection, I get oil, and brake fluid, maybe, filters are cheap and most diesels dont have plugs changed unless they fail so where is the value on older cars when an Indy who is ex LR will probably do a better job! If only they could update the service records online! If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #611129 Sun Mar 07 2021 9:23pm
Dave-t

United Kingdom 

You can get prices on line, it shows any service and a few other minor jobs under book a service.

Are you sure your Indy can’t update on line service history? The one I use can as can quite a few others. Joined the X5 45e club
1994 Defender 90 300 tdi

Post #611137 Sun Mar 07 2021 9:53pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

I wouldn't consider the inability to update the online service record as a deal breaker. A nice big file full of receipts for actual work done is way more valuable to a second hand buyer than an entry on a computer system they can't access... Whistle 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #611143 Mon Mar 08 2021 12:21am
pjbracer1

England 

My Indy is great at the work and diagnosis parts but updating stuff online is not his thing and he’s always busy so admin side of things is t his priority which I get that said he is more than happy to answer questions from a buyer if need be

I also agree that receipts for everything even wiper blades and any accessories bought count for a lot and you can often tell if a car has been looked after and loved but the general look of it, a quick pro valet can’t hide 3 years of only getting it washed and vacuumed at a service!

Dealer pricing for services seems only to cater for charging back to LR and during the warranty period (not just LR nearly all dealers are the same) if they charged a sensible price it would be a no brainer but they still have a rep for fitting like all dealers do instead of service that said the customer base normally don’t care or a business is paying so being frugal isn’t as bad

Every time
I try to find the price it just says give your details and they will contact you no prices online? If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #611144 Mon Mar 08 2021 12:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12