RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Bluetooth required
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

andrew kennedy

France 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Maya Gold
Bluetooth required

2006 Sport (without phone facility or Bluetooth). I would like to install Bluetooth enabling Google Maps voice instructions to play though the car speakers. Is this a possibility?!? Andrew Kennedy

Post #610747 Sat Feb 27 2021 9:04pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

If you don’t want music from the car at the same time I guess so.

Try one of them cheap £12 Bluetooth units off eBay connected to aux

Post #610753 Sat Feb 27 2021 9:55pm
Eaters

United Kingdom 2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Zermatt Silver

This Kinivo is the one I use. I plug into the rear lighter socket and it links to my iPhone as soon as I start the car.

Click image to enlarge

I get Apple, Google and Waze maps instructions through the speakers. It will also play my Apple and Amazon music, and I guess Spotify etc. with controls for start/stop/pause music, back track and skip to next track

I mount the phone in this clam shell

Click image to enlarge
 Robin
2008 Range Rover Sport TDV8
Gone:
Jaguar S-Type V8 4.2 Sport
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #610764 Sun Feb 28 2021 8:24am
andrew kennedy

Speaker

Thanks for your Robin!! Looking at your pictures, that is exactly what I need. Is the sound quality a lot better than your mobile offers?? I'm intrigued.....what is the device on your dash situated just above the GPS screen? Or is that the speaker for the Bluetooth??!?? Andrew Kennedy

Post #610779 Sun Feb 28 2021 12:37pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
andrew kennedy

Speaker

Robin.....I've had a look on Amazon and I cannot find anything Kinivo that relates to your pictures. I would be grateful if you could give me a few details of the system you are using. Andrew Andrew Kennedy

Post #610780 Sun Feb 28 2021 12:46pm
Eaters

Hi Andrew
The Kinivo I bought is, I guess, an older model.
Saw this on ebay - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kinivo-BTC480-B...SwsbFf2dZu

and this on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-Bluetooth-...amp;sr=8-1

The phone holder on Amazon is here - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CCN...&psc=1

The Kinivo Cons:
Occasionally it does not connect straight away - annoying when it doesn't work but I just reach back, slide out the lighter plug a bit, count to 20, then push back in an it resets itself. Its a bit untidy wiring, but for me it is fine. One day I might hard-wire it to the fuse box in the glove compartment, perhaps with a handy reset switch - maybe. You have to have your RRS audio button switched to Aux as that's where is gets its input from. So if you have the radio or CD on, then you won't hear the instructions through the speakers

Pros - most of the time it works fine. , But you don't have to listen to your phone music to have the instructions audible. So, what I mean is, that you can hear the guidance through the speakers even with no music playing, it just has to be on, and Aux selected. I can also call up Siri by holding the central button down for 5 or so seconds.

The clam shell thingy is good - slightly adjustable for vertical angle and direction; matches my dashboard covering; looks neat when its not holding the phone. But if your phone gets low on charge then you will have an unsightly wire from the front lighter socket.

I had a Parrot system in my old car which was quite good but at well over £200 was quite expensive. So this does all I need and for a fraction of the price.

BTW - I use Waze navigation quite a lot and they've just added Spotify and Amazon Music to the system. So driving along I can just touch the Amazon button on my Waze navigation screen and away it goes Thumbs Up Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #610783 Sun Feb 28 2021 1:37pm
andrew kennedy

Robin. The match to yours on Amazon is currently unavailable. The below AUKEY is available but I'm wondering if the description is as yours? I'd be grateful if you could have a look and see what you think.

https://www.amazon.fr/AUKEY-Transmetteur-B...amp;sr=8-6

AUKEY Bluetooth 4.1 FM Transmitter Wireless Radio Transmitter Two Port USB Car Charger with LED Indicator and Built-in Mic, Hands-Free Calling for iPhone, Samsung, HTC

I am correct in thinking this device is complete with speaker? The device mounted on your dash above the GPS is nothing to do with what we are discussing?

Appreciate your help!!!! Andrew Andrew Kennedy

Post #610786 Sun Feb 28 2021 2:21pm
andrew kennedy

Robin.......I must add, all I require from this device is for it to play the instructions from Google Maps - clearly, better than my smartphone offers. Andrew Kennedy

Post #610788 Sun Feb 28 2021 2:31pm
Eaters

Hi Andrew - it could be a bit of the almost blind leading the almost blind here. but here goes:

The one you have highlighted appears different from mine in that it had no Aux wired connection. Now this may be because it does it all through Bluetooth but I am not sure if this is possible. There is a similar one showing on Amazon UK but again there is no mention that I can see of the nav coming out of the car speakers. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07TFDPCT5/ref...Q&th=1

There is this one available on Amazon UK and looks like the upgrade to my one. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Kinivo-Bluetooth-...&psc=1

As this has the Aux wired connection I am pretty confident that it does what mine does as I previously described. Note it does all the clever stuff like reducing the music volume when giving nav instructions. And cutting music altogether when on a hands free call. And the listing specifically mentions "Routes audio through the 3.5mm AUX input to your Car Stereo when playing music and answering phone calls (Requires 3.5mm audio input in the car stereo)."

If you can't see it on the French site, is it possible to create an account for yourself on the UK site and then just order it from there? It certainly says it in stock in the UK Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #610792 Sun Feb 28 2021 3:06pm
andrew kennedy

Bluetooth speaker - Google maps?

Hi Robin. Thanks for all the info and your comments re Bluetooth Speaker. If I order a match to yours from Amazon UK there is a problem of postage and now import charges , so I will have to see if I can obtain one here in France. Before I do, I am wondering if there is anyone out there who can suggest other Bluetooth Speakers that works well with Google Maps and the driving instructions?? Andrew Kennedy

Post #610830 Mon Mar 01 2021 9:10am
andrew kennedy

Bluetooth +

Eaters wrote:
This Kinivo is the one I use. I plug into the rear lighter socket and it links to my iPhone as soon as I start the car.

Click image to enlarge

I get Apple, Google and Waze maps instructions through the speakers. It will also play my Apple and Amazon music, and I guess Spotify etc. with controls for start/stop/pause music, back track and skip to next track

I mount the phone in this clam shell

Click image to enlarge

Hi Robin....So I've got the Smartphone's Google Map Directions paired up to the Bluetooth through AUX. I'm presuming while that the AUX is giving me all the directions I need, the RADIO and CD buttons are not going to be available?!? Andrew Kennedy

Post #611358 Thu Mar 11 2021 3:20pm
Eaters

I'm afraid that's correct. See my comment on 28th Feb:

"You have to have your RRS audio button switched to Aux as that's where is gets its input from. So if you have the radio or CD on, then you won't hear the instructions through the speakers"

For me that isn't a problem as the CD player doesn't get used that often as its all on my phone anyway. And radio is used only sparingly as well (e.g. news, weather etc.). Robin
Gone:
MGZTT 190 2.5

Post #611360 Thu Mar 11 2021 3:41pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1