RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > WHY IS DEALER SAYING 22MY will cost more than 21.5MY ???
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black
WHY IS DEALER SAYING 22MY will cost more than 21.5MY ???

Hello forum

I have been offered a £13.5k discount (£9.5k cash and £4K finance discount) for a p400e atb. If I order it today delivery is expected end of June. I then asked the dealer that I wanted to wait till next week when the orders for the 22MY is released to see what changes will be made to the car or if maybe extra factory options might be added. The dealership has said that I will not get the same deal for a 22MY car as I got for my 21.5MY. What I don’t get is that I thought that the 22MY cars will start being built from March onwards (is that right ?) so when my car is built in June would that not be classed as a 22MY car ?

Also any ideas what makes the 22MY more expensive or would appreciate if any members can give me their opinion on what they would do in my position ?

The dealer sent me the following email :

I have just had a look into he deal on the Range Rover 22my.

The car isn’t that much more expensive in comparison to the 21my but the cost of the options are more expensive and because you have had a lot of options the better option may be the 21my.

As for the discount level on a brand new model you wont get the same amount of discount it will work out about half the amount of discount that you already had had.

I cant actually build the car yet and have a look at the deal for you as it hasn’t been released.

The only difference I can see between the 21my and 22my are:

Different engine but nothing that replaces the p400 you have ordered
Gesture tailgate you get standard in your car in the new 22my doesn’t come as standard
Spare wheel on 21my standard not on 22my
Power outlets are less on the 22my

Post #610592 Thu Feb 25 2021 5:48pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

He's saying this because he wants a sale. My P400 had only recently been announced when I went to buy one. At first the usual story about no discounts on anew mode. It soon changed when they realised I would place an order immediately with the right deal or I would come back next year. The deal was done with a good discount and finance contribution. Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #610594 Thu Feb 25 2021 6:54pm
Eagle77

England 

My dealer is telling me they cannot put in a MY21.5 now and only a 22MY from next week potentially subject to a price rise. Also vaguely suggesting they cannot guarantee the price if I out in an order now which I have not experienced before.

Any car build April onwards will be a MY22 anyway...

Post #610595 Thu Feb 25 2021 7:17pm
Kenniff

Scotland 

I ordered at the beginning of Feb for and end March delivery (they took another dealer’s slot and customised it). I too was told that there was a price rise coming and that they couldn’t guarantee to absorb it if delivery was after end March.

Frankly I didnt care as i wanted it straight away. I expect that you’ll probably be able to get the same sort of deal later, but is there any point waiting? I doubt there will be much difference in the new model, starting prices will be up and if the showrooms are open and the economy “bouncing back” then it may be a tad harder to get your best deal. Harder but probably not impossible. current: RRS HST P400 engine ( 2021) Hakuba silver

Post #610600 Thu Feb 25 2021 8:15pm
RRSman

United Kingdom 
Re: WHY IS DEALER SAYING 22MY will cost more than 21.5MY ???

rrsfan wrote:
Hello forum

I have been offered a £13.5k discount (£9.5k cash and £4K finance discount) for a p400e atb. If I order it today delivery is expected end of June. I then asked the dealer that I wanted to wait till next week when the orders for the 22MY is released to see what changes will be made to the car or if maybe extra factory options might be added. The dealership has said that I will not get the same deal for a 22MY car as I got for my 21.5MY. What I don’t get is that I thought that the 22MY cars will start being built from March onwards (is that right ?) so when my car is built in June would that not be classed as a 22MY car ?

Also any ideas what makes the 22MY more expensive or would appreciate if any members can give me their opinion on what they would do in my position ?

The dealer sent me the following email :

I have just had a look into he deal on the Range Rover 22my.

The car isn’t that much more expensive in comparison to the 21my but the cost of the options are more expensive and because you have had a lot of options the better option may be the 21my.

As for the discount level on a brand new model you wont get the same amount of discount it will work out about half the amount of discount that you already had had.

I cant actually build the car yet and have a look at the deal for you as it hasn’t been released.

The only difference I can see between the 21my and 22my are:

Different engine but nothing that replaces the p400 you have ordered
Gesture tailgate you get standard in your car in the new 22my doesn’t come as standard
Spare wheel on 21my standard not on 22my
Power outlets are less on the 22my

Can you dm me the dealers details that sounds like a massive discount! Thanks

Post #611460 Sun Mar 14 2021 11:38am
Lindab

United Kingdom 

Come trade in time there will be no difference in price for 22my v 21.5my. Unless there are substantial differences ie, bodywork or something new they have brought out, why wait if a car is there & its the spec you want. Car companies are like all other businesses, prices go up anytime they want

Post #611463 Sun Mar 14 2021 2:06pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Deals

That’s a very good deal. Even better that drive the deal. Do let me know if the dealer backs down on the 22 model !

Good luck !

Rowdie

Post #611470 Sun Mar 14 2021 3:30pm
rrsfan

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Santorini Black

Had the dealer call me back to say that I will get the 22my car and they will not charge me any extra than what I have already agreed with them. personally I don’t think it should make any difference anyway as there are no changes to the design of the car.

Post #611513 Mon Mar 15 2021 3:28pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

There's no changes at all to MY22.

MY22 was supposed to be the all-new models but something has happened on the RRS front and its been pushed back to next year now so there's literally almost no changes apart from charging for the gesture tailgate and something else.

I picked up an MY20 SDV8 AB Dynamic on a 21 plate recently so I'm back in the fold again (with a healthy discount)! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #612745 Sat Apr 17 2021 10:25pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1