RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > Ghost Immoblliser
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 2 12>

doncarlos45

United Kingdom 
Ghost Immoblliser

Will be taking delivery of a new HST in a couple of weeks and intend to fit a Ghost Immobiliser (given my last RRS was stoled thru ODB theft).

Would be helpful to know if any of the members here have encountered any issues with their Ghost Immobiisers if they have one.

Thanks

Post #608616 Fri Jan 15 2021 10:58am
Ash3

United Kingdom 

I have a Ghost 2 fitted.

The software on the ghost got corrupted after about a year and car would not start. It did not recognise sequences but was sorted free of charge by supplier who fitted it. A firmware update.

Think he said it was because of inputting the sequence too quickly all the time and not waiting for disarm signal which over the course of a year created the issue. Upshot is thst it failed active ie prevented csr from starting.

But otherwise no issues with car. Just glad I have it fitted.

Post #608619 Fri Jan 15 2021 11:53am
Farmer Chalk

Got them fitted to all of our cars...
Excellent and the aftersales is also excellent!

Had a slight problem on our Evoque with a similar issue to Ash....
after a while the car realised something was not quite right with the number of erroneous signals being passed through the Canbus... the car cleverly isolated the steering pack switches and indicated a fault with them...

However disconnected the battery left it for five minutes then reconnected and been perfect since then....

For the reassurance alone that your car will still be there in the morning it’s great!

Only advice is don’t rush the sequence ...let it do its thing and don’t be impatient

Post #608670 Fri Jan 15 2021 11:27pm
Autobiography1969

England 

Have Ghost 2 fitted on mine,
works great and can be managed for Service visits and Garage work,
never had any issues with mine..

Fully recommend..

Also have a tracker for extra backup..
Meta Track S5-VTS

Both fitted by Ghost installations at a venue that suits you.. ===========================================
2012 Range Rover Sport Autobiography 3.0 SDV6 8 speed Automatic
Indus Silver with Hockenheim premium two-tone leather Ebony/Lunar,

Post #608712 Sat Jan 16 2021 6:42pm
doncarlos45

United Kingdom 

Thanks for the replies. Appreciated.

Post #608746 Sun Jan 17 2021 2:19pm
the_big_1

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Fuji White

I have Ghost to, only down side is, you lose the remote start facility via the incontrol app 2018 SVR

Post #609010 Fri Jan 22 2021 9:53pm
MrM

I recently had a Ghost 2 fitted and retains ability for InControl start. I think it’s to do with how the unit is wired into the car.

Post #609043 Sat Jan 23 2021 12:34pm
the_big_1

Hi ya,

When I asked Ghost about it, they said it could be done but if you start the car without disabling Ghost, I throws errors on the dash and you have to go to thedealers 2018 SVR

Post #609044 Sat Jan 23 2021 12:39pm
MrM

Just tested remote climate start with Ghost 2 and works without problem. No error messages on the dash.

The way my Ghost is installed it allows the engine to start but as soon as drive is engaged it automatically jumps back to park unless the code is entered. Not sure if all are installed the same way. Might be worth contacting your installer if you are having problems.

Post #609184 Mon Jan 25 2021 10:48pm
the_big_1

Hi ya,

Ghost told me that was not to be fitted that way as it can throw up a fault with the transmission that only the dealer can take off at cost. Be worth asking your installer if that's still the case, if so, you could start the car and select drive before disarming and have a £500 trip to the dealer lol 2018 SVR

Post #609188 Mon Jan 25 2021 11:05pm
Ratkat

United Kingdom 

I rang and spoke to Autowatch today as I was put off from having one installed last year due to losing the remote start functionality. The technician told me that the way it talks to the car ecu it simply tells it that the door is open, the car ecu then responds appropriately and prevents the vehicle from moving and will not throw errors. What I did not ask is what happens if the ‘baddy’ re-selects drive? I know that if the door is genuinely open the box jumps into park but if you put it straight back into drive you can pull away, I often face this issue reversing on to my drive and checking door clearance near a low post.
I will call again tomorrow to check, as I am pretty keen to get one installed.
During the call I also discussed the whole JLR warranty position as I have heard conflicting stories, he told me that as long as the installer does not solder onto the canbus JLR have said it will not invalidate the warranty although some main dealers are reluctant to believe this. MY19 RRS Autobiography Dynamic 3.0 sdv6, Carpathian Grey, black pan roof, black pack, black 22’s, black side steps, ebony/ebony interior
—————
2019 Westfield FW Special Edition, fully loaded 180bhp
—————
MY18 Volvo XC90 T8 Twin Engine R-Design Pro, fully loaded, Polestar (404 Bhp) - GONE
—————
MY16 RRS Autobiography Dynamic, Firenze red, black pan roof, satin black 507's with satin black stealth pack, ebony and ivory interior. GONE

Post #609195 Mon Jan 25 2021 11:51pm
Tyrefitter

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Fuji White

Anyone wanting info with the ghost immobiliser they you need to talk to a chap called Christopher Preston from this company,he has been involved in ghost since day one & everyone on other forums swears by him.He fitted the ghost on my focus RS.Apparently the only RS that has been stolen with ghost fitted was lifted on the back of a truck with a hiab.
https://immobiliserdirect.com/ Andy.
21 Ford Ranger
Gone but not forgotten
Focus RS Red Edition
2015 RRS AB Fuji.
2014 RRS SC Santorini
2016 VW Amarok
2014 RRS AB Fuji
2012 RRS Red Edition Fuji
2015 Nissan Navara
2012 RRS SE Santorini
2008 RRS White
2007 RRS Santorino

Post #609203 Tue Jan 26 2021 6:56am
MrM

Ratkat wrote:
I rang and spoke to Autowatch today as I was put off from having one installed last year due to losing the remote start functionality. The technician told me that the way it talks to the car ecu it simply tells it that the door is open, the car ecu then responds appropriately and prevents the vehicle from moving and will not throw errors. What I did not ask is what happens if the ‘baddy’ re-selects drive? I know that if the door is genuinely open the box jumps into park but if you put it straight back into drive you can pull away, I often face this issue reversing on to my drive and checking door clearance near a low post.
I will call again tomorrow to check, as I am pretty keen to get one installed.
During the call I also discussed the whole JLR warranty position as I have heard conflicting stories, he told me that as long as the installer does not solder onto the canbus JLR have said it will not invalidate the warranty although some main dealers are reluctant to believe this.

This is how mine works re the door and was told this implementation was chosen so that the remote start functionality can still work. If selecting drive when armed, the car will jolt forward a few inches before moving back into park with the bongs binging away and continues to do the same each time you select drive until the code is entered. I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Given I tried to (unsuccessfully) change the code, frustratingly I can attest it works and I’ve yet to see any gearbox faults. Regarding the connection I was under the impression it is hardwired in, I presumed soldered. My car is now out of warranty so not such a concern. My installer said he would be able to quickly remove should the need arise.

Post #609205 Tue Jan 26 2021 8:15am
the_big_1

Would be great if they could confirm that you can not re-select drive, no errors and if a car with a ghost already could be modified. 2018 SVR

Post #609206 Tue Jan 26 2021 8:33am
MrM

I’d be tempted to call someone at Autowatch again if I were you. I presume the remote start is a feature of other Range Rovers in the lineup, many of which will have Ghosts fitted. If the process of throwing up drive errors was not an isolated incident And cost £500 to fix I would have thought more people would be complaining about it!

If I understand what you are saying, you are not aware of anyone reporting the issue, only what you have been told by Autowatch?

Post #609218 Tue Jan 26 2021 11:51am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 2 12>