RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Rear door not opening / locking
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

Phileep

United Kingdom 2011 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 HSE Lux Stornoway Grey
Rear door not opening / locking

A grand morning to you all. I have a 2011 RRS and the rear door (behind driver door) intermittently unlocks / locks. I am aware this is a common issue an i would like to address it now before it locks and i cannot open it again. I have looked through the forum and some refer to the required part as a latch and some an actuator. Additionally some say it is a cheap part (less than £50) but i have had a quote from LR for a LATCH part No. LR 013381 at £135 inc vat and delivery. My question is could anyone please confirm if i should be looking to replace a latch or an actuator and does this appear to be the correct part i require as my quite is far dearer than others claim it to be?
Thanks to anyone who replies in advance and just to say how much i love this forum and the way everyone is so helpful and respectable. Thanks all. Phil

Post #608621 Fri Jan 15 2021 12:05pm
idi

United Kingdom 

Only thing to bear in mind is there is a non-keyless version and a keyless version. The keyless versions tend to be a bit more expensive

Post #608635 Fri Jan 15 2021 2:32pm
Phileep

Thank you Idi
The door handles have little square rubber patches and not a slot for a key. Should i assume by your reply mine would be the keyless version? Also, the failed item. Is it a latch or an actuator would you know?

Post #608640 Fri Jan 15 2021 3:44pm
Col

New Zealand 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Autobiography Santorini Black

I replaced my MY13 O/S/R recently, keyless entry, double locking and keyless start etc. this is the one that fitted mine LR091345 but may be vin no. dependant. Personally as bit of pain to change would only ever fit genuine part not cheap Chinese junk for £25.00.

https://www.rrsport.co.uk/forum/topic51639...door+latch

I think you may find LR013381 is for the L322.

https://www.advancedfactors.co.uk/lr091345...3985-p.asp

Cheers
Col

Post #608642 Fri Jan 15 2021 3:56pm
Phileep

Thank you Col and good morning in NZ. I visited Napier many years ago and absolutely loved it Smile
Appreciate the heads up with cheapo parts but i would not entertain that at all. Happy to pay for the genuine item.
I will re check the item code off of my VIN with the dealership so thank you for raising. Would not want to find it was wrong with the door stripped. GWE. Phil

Post #608648 Fri Jan 15 2021 4:52pm
Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

Phileep, Good advice from Col. I wish I has come on here and checked first as I bought a unit off of eBay stripped the door down to install it only to find there are various variants, so you do need to be sure you have the right one. Assuming you have an HSE model then I would say it will definitely have keyless entry and double locking (deadlocks) in which case LR0091345 is the part you want which is what I ordered on Col's advice and he was spot on. Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #608652 Fri Jan 15 2021 5:54pm
Col

Phileep wrote:
Thank you Col and good morning in NZ. I visited Napier many years ago and absolutely loved it Smile
Appreciate the heads up with cheapo parts but i would not entertain that at all. Happy to pay for the genuine item.
I will re check the item code off of my VIN with the dealership so thank you for raising. Would not want to find it was wrong with the door stripped. GWE. Phil

Thumbs Up Live about 10-15mins from Napier in Havelock, no regrets about moving here from U.K especially if the papers and news is to believed at the moment.

Cheers
Col

Post #608666 Fri Jan 15 2021 10:29pm
Phileep

Good morning LeeChicken and good evening Col. Thank you and everyone that replied.
I now know exactly which part is required as yes, mine is the HSE model. I will order on Monday
and look to install when the weather warms a wee bit. A good weekend all. Thumbs Up

Post #608675 Sat Jan 16 2021 7:23am
Leechicken74

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Stornoway Grey

One other thing that I personally found much easier when installing was to remove the external handle and remove the whole unit with the cables connected, then reconnect them to the new one while it is out of the door, then reinstall. It was much easier than trying to disconnect and reconnect the cables in situ in the door. Lee
—————-
3.6 TDV8 2010 (facelift) HSE Stornaway Grey
3.0 TD6 2018 Discovery HSE Luxury Indus Silver Dynamic Packs 1 & 2 - Sold due to COVID budget cuts at home 😢
Mini Countryman 2.0 Cooper SD All4 - White, black wheels, black decals - Great little car and so much fun!

Post #608683 Sat Jan 16 2021 11:28am
Col

Thumbs Up That's basically how I did mine, only had to move window regulator then and not disconnect it from glass. Fortunately had some spare outer handle end caps laid about as almost impossible to remove without breaking at least one plastic lug on them.

Cheers
Col

Post #608685 Sat Jan 16 2021 12:06pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1