RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Maintenance & Modifications > Amber DPF Full
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

ryan_holton

United Kingdom 
Amber DPF Full

Hi, I own a 2011 Range Rover Sport, the 3.0L V6 engine. I've had it for almost 2 years, and it has 102,000 miles on it. I daily drive the car for commuting, unfortunately, it's about 7 miles to work, and 7 miles back home. I'd normally take the car on longer journeys every few weeks, but with lockdown and the working from home guidance I've been rarely using the motorway for longer distance driving.

Today though, I was stopped at some lights when an amber DPF Full message came up, I imminently took it to a motorway, and kept the revs above 2k, after 10 minutes or so the warning went away, but I continued to drive on the morotway for some time afterwards to be safe, probably about 30-45 mins

All is good now, however, I wanted to know really a few things:

1. When the amber warning is given, what percentage out of 100% where 100% would mean the DPF is ACTUALLY full does the light come on.
2. After driving on the motorway for the duration and the warning went away, would this mean that the DPF is all back to normal as in 0% full?

I've never had this warning come up before.

Post #607443 Sat Dec 12 2020 3:23pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

All in the owners manual Thumbs Up
No need to thrash it...common misconception.
All it needs is a 20min drive at 50mph with a 3/4 full tank... Thumbs Up
Invest in a GAP IID Bluetooth and it will allow you to monitor soot build up plus a whole heap of other stuff. Vital kit to save you wads in the long run and hold their value insanely well Bow down Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #607451 Sat Dec 12 2020 7:30pm
DrRob

United Kingdom 

DIESEL PARTICULATE FILTER
REGENERATION
The DPF is part of the exhaust system. It removes most of the harmful particles from the exhaust emissions and stores them until they are burnt away. Occasionally the DPF requires a regeneration process to clean itself. When regeneration is required a DPF message will be displayed on the message centre.
Note: While carrying out the DPF regeneration procedure, observe all relevant speed limits, laws and regulations.
1. Drive the vehicle until the engine reaches normal operating temperature. Do not leave the engine idling to achieve operating temperature.
2. Drive the vehicle for a further twenty minutes, keeping the road speed above 80km/h (50mph).
3. If successful, the message will extinguish. If not, repeat the procedure.
Note: If after three attempts to achieve regeneration, the message does not extinguish, contact your Land Rover Dealer/Authorised Repairer.
If the message, DPF FULL is displayed in the message centre, contact your Land Rover Dealer/Authorised Repairer as soon as possible.
The regeneration procedure produces very high temperatures from the exhaust system. Do not park the vehicle over combustible materials Visitor from fullfatrr.com
* GONE. 2012 RR Sport HSE SDV6 Orkney Grey. Now being piloted by RRSTDV8
* Current: 2011 4.4 TDV8 Full Fat. Amazing piece of kit.
* Current. 1974 Lightweight 2.25L petrol. Old skool
* GONE. Freelander GS TD4 Manual MY2013. Orkney Grey with privacy, cold and clearview packs, armrests (a must!) and a spoiler.
* GONE. Range Rover Classic '93 200Tdi Factory fit
* 1949 80" in family since 1975

Post #607452 Sat Dec 12 2020 7:33pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Found this on the FF forum

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/64...l%7D%22%7D 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #607457 Sun Dec 13 2020 8:51am
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

Not exactly answering your questions which already has been above, but I thought this might be of interest especially with doing short runs. I'm sure there'll be many thinking 'snake oil', as I also likely would be if I hadn't experience of it, but for the past 4 years I've been doing runs of 7 miles due to where I live on an Island and for the past 3 years of using Archoil AR6900D I've never had a DPF warning.
Initially just after my wife getting her Evoque just over 3 year ago she started getting DPF warnings so had to drive around to clear (not easy with only short spaces between low speed limit zones, we don't have motorways) so we tried the AR6900D and she stopped getting the warnings for a bit, but they came back so my wife then confessed she got fed up putting in the AR6900D so stopped using it, but as she now believes in it so uses it and she's never had another warning in 2+ years. My not knowing she stopped using it then the warnings coming back was enough to convince me that it's actually doing something, especially since it was only after I mentioned that her Evoque engine might be running poorly as it was sounding more like a clattery tractor.

In both our Sport and Evoque we initially used the Archoil AR6400D cleaner and then AR6900D at each tank fill. A friend was also regularly getting DPF warnings on his van (most folk do here unless they live on the opposite side of the Island to where they work) so I suggested the AR6400D/AR6900D and he says's he's never had another warning.

No connection with Archoil, just a happy user. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #607462 Sun Dec 13 2020 6:32pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1