Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Technical > Last two fault lights - Airbag, EML help please
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

en1gma

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport 4.4 V8 HSE Siberian Silver
Last two fault lights - Airbag, EML help please

Hi All,

New to the group but recently managed to get my first RRS a 2006 4.4 HSE with LPG. Been looking for a while but this was the first I was able to buy in my extremely limited budget. Unfortunately it was within my budget because it had numerous faults that needed fixing. So far have managed to sort hand brake module, HDC fault, suspension level fault, faulty door lock and lpg fault but I'm now left with two I am really scratching my head with and could do with some guidance have a basic code reader (Autel ML629) and reasonable fault finding skills.

1. Airbag Light

Error Code: B0001-1B Drivers frontal stage 1 - deployment control - Permanent

Really need to get this fixed as the MOT is due in December and I need to get the warning light off. Work so far:

Battery replaced with new high capacity Yuasa to eliminate any potential voltage issues.
Have disconnected bolted air bag lead connector block beneath drivers seat, checked pins, checked for obvious wire breaks, cleaned with contact cleaner. Immediately after this fault reverted to "temporary" and cleared with code reader but came back within one mile of driving and beligerantly remains a permanent fault since. Have disconnected several more times, moved leads, pusshed connectors, inspected wires for breaks etc but cannot get it back to intermittent.

Question is where to go next? And would a better code reader give more detail?

2. Engine Management Light

Error Code: P0170-00 Fuel trim (Bank 1) - Intermittent

Happens whilst vehicle is on Petrol so I don't believe its LPG related. Was told by someone in another group they got rid of a similar fault by reflashing the ECU with up to date software. Does this seem feasible? Anybody know the best way to get the software updated without pay stealer dealer prices?

Is there anybody in the vicinity of Bradford or Bolton with IID or euivalent That might be able to do this in exchange for my undying gratitude (and paper beer tokens?).

Post #606984 Wed Nov 25 2020 10:54pm
Andy K

England 2005 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Rimini Red

Air bag.
I’m thinking the steering wheel clock spring.

Ecu. Good luck on the code! Check seal on oil cap.
And no air leaks on top of engine

Post #606987 Wed Nov 25 2020 11:45pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1