RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > In Car Electronics > Remote Heater
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

pjbracer1

England 

yeah the car is dry inside, but does have the double glass windows (as in the glass looks like 2 pieces together, maybe they are all like that!)

Maybe I have it set too high which is why it gets a bit steamed in there its at 22 as I like it toasty! I mean its not that much of a problem as I just stick the AC on when I get in.

Does anyone know if the blowers are set as the system speed or what I left them on? one would assume if left in auto it would do that on its own. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8
RRS Supercharged Santorini
AMG CLK Rear Tyre Shredder

Post #606822 Fri Nov 20 2020 3:08pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

I never get steamed windows with mine, and I'm not so sure the set temp values affect it as I also use the FBH in warmer weather as an engine pre-heat so then I find the RRS fairly warm to get into until the A/C cools the cabin to the set temp. I'd have thought if the set temp value was used then it'd only heat to around that value.

When you say you just stick the A/C on, don't you just leave it all on auto all the time so it does it's thing as required? A/C is as useful in the winter as a de-humidifier and they reckon it's best used often to keep the seals better. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #606825 Fri Nov 20 2020 3:27pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yeah sorry ac is on all the time anyway what I meant was I just stick it on max which stocks on the window demisters too maybe I’ll give it another go on a lower temp setting and see how it goes might just be the humid air that gets in the car after I’ve set it and then get everything out of the car I guess, maybe letting in the cold damp sea air in a warm car then shutting the doors up for 4 hours If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #606826 Fri Nov 20 2020 3:36pm
insiorc

Scotland 2013 Range Rover Sport SDV6 Autobiography Firenze Red

After posting I had a thought, A P38 I used to have got steamy windows until driven and A/C on but nothing to do with a FBH, it was due to a leak so had excess moisture inside. Have you checked all carpets etc. to check dry, the moisture has to come from somewhere. 13MY Range Rover Sport Autobiography SDV6 - mine
14MY Range Rover Evoque Dynamic SD4 Black Pack - wife's
99MY Defender 90 TD5, Soft Top Conversion - my toy, and bairns favourite

Post #606827 Fri Nov 20 2020 3:42pm
pjbracer1

England 

Yeah that was my initial thought too that it was maybe wet inside but Ive had a look around and all the foot well carpets seem dry. which is what was puzzling me, it might just have been that I like the car pretty hot so its warm inside already and then when I get out if Ive left the boot or door open while unloading the cold damp air rushes in and that is then locked in the car for a few hours and then when the fbh heater comes on and the AC isnt running it gets a bit steamed up, its not really bad but the rear window and the side windows to the rear seem to be the most effected maybe the blowers in the rear are shut so ill check that and have another go I guess. If a jobs worth doing, get a someone who knows what they are doing to do it!

RRS Autobiography Indus
RR P38 HSE V8

Post #606829 Fri Nov 20 2020 4:19pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12