RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Orders (L494) > BEST DISCOUNTS BEFORE OR AFTER XMAS ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

m13lky

United Kingdom 

I was thinking of one in July, there was a fair bit of stock around available within 2-4 weeks, just going into build I was told, discount was around £10k from my local dealer who are usually very tight! That was on a black horse Pcp with £5k deposit contribution.

From what I hear their orders are very flat, Covid & brexit, id be pushing for more if I was wanting one now, I think you would get into the teens % discount on a stock unit now.

If you fancy a private lease a mate of mine has dynamic black edition p400e’s for £700 per month with £5k down on 10k miles per year, 36 month deal, spec is nearly as good as the AB but you can only have black or grey!

Good luck

Post #606419 Sun Nov 08 2020 7:02pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

With that deal I'd say buy it now. We'll see huge cut backs in production from all manufacturers in the near future and as a result zero discounts. The manufacturers have got to recover their losses somehow.
Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #606424 Sun Nov 08 2020 9:06pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

m13lky wrote:
I was thinking of one in July, there was a fair bit of stock around available within 2-4 weeks, just going into build I was told, discount was around £10k from my local dealer who are usually very tight! That was on a black horse Pcp with £5k deposit contribution.

From what I hear their orders are very flat, Covid & brexit, id be pushing for more if I was wanting one now, I think you would get into the teens % discount on a stock unit now.

If you fancy a private lease a mate of mine has dynamic black edition p400e’s for £700 per month with £5k down on 10k miles per year, 36 month deal, spec is nearly as good as the AB but you can only have black or grey!

Good luck

There's no way you'll get into double digits on a factory order now (barring extenuating circumstances), everyone has really tightend up as there's no slots and the factories have loads of orders waiting to even be allocated, you might just about get near to 10 or so percent if you include the finance contribution in the calculation and the dealer needs to hit a specific target for that model/month but that would need a lot of work, I'd say closer to 7-9% max would be a more realistic average (again including finance contribution).

Stock cars however are a different matter, especially if they're MY20 cars, then its all down to how much money the retailer has in that car and how eager they are to shift it!!! Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606469 Mon Nov 09 2020 8:36pm
m13lky

United Kingdom 

Dm I’m talking about stock units not factory orders, all the stock options show when you start a build on line, if you want a very specific build a stock car will be no use to you.

Another thing to check is Farnells new stock list, had over 1000 stock LRs in July available within 4 weeks.

Deals will be there to be had as long as you also take their finance.

Post #606473 Mon Nov 09 2020 9:09pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

483 available today of which 33 are RRS, biggest selection are Defenders.

Tim Tim
RRS sold and replaced with a Skoda Kodiaq after appalling RR Dealer experience and LR inability to supply new cars in any sort of reasonable time frame..

Post #606475 Mon Nov 09 2020 9:36pm
DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black

m13lky wrote:
Dm I’m talking about stock units not factory orders, all the stock options show when you start a build on line, if you want a very specific build a stock car will be no use to you.

Another thing to check is Farnells new stock list, had over 1000 stock LRs in July available within 4 weeks.

Deals will be there to be had as long as you also take their finance.

Oh cool!

I think Rockar check the same list as well - good to know!

As Tim says - lot of Defenders !!! I see quite a few now even at dealers, are they not selling? Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606476 Mon Nov 09 2020 10:13pm
Rowdie

United Kingdom 
Farnells list

Hi. Is this list available to view online ?

Post #606482 Tue Nov 10 2020 12:57pm
timhum

United Kingdom 

Yes, go the Farnell website and seach new cars, Land Rover. It will list the models and number available,

Tim Tim

Post #606486 Tue Nov 10 2020 3:54pm
ilard

United Kingdom 

rrsfan, go to www.autoebid.com, pay the £100 or whatever it is, then sit back and wait for the best price. Do not commit to buy. Take that discount to your favourite dealer, add 2 or 3% on top of that but settle for the autoebid discount level or thereabouts. I got my target discount doing this. Expect much handwringing, tears etc from the salesperson.

Only downside is I was put on a different build allocation process which made it hard for the dealer to predict when I would get it. But it only took 3 months from order to delivery (Sept 2019 order). It was certainly worth it to save over double on Rocker's no-haggle quote. L405 P400e Autobiography (MY2020)... Silicon Silver / Espresso
RRS TDV6 HSE Lux (MY2011)... Nara Bronze / Arabica - now gone!

Post #606584 Fri Nov 13 2020 10:34am
Andy494

United Kingdom 

Anyone had success with http://www.drivethedeal.com ?

Post #606611 Fri Nov 13 2020 11:03pm
Nano2nd

United Kingdom 

Quote:

used them a few times (not with LR) no issues, they just broker the sale with their chosen main dealer, the only two down sides are no p/x and you might have to get the car from a non local dealer  2020 Range Rover Sport P400e HSE Dynamic

Post #606623 Sat Nov 14 2020 6:05pm
markymarkf

United Kingdom 

Andy494 wrote:

I've always used drive the deal and carwow deals to start the negotiations with my dealer and take it from there. SVR Carbon Edition in Estoril Blue MY 21.5

P400e HSE Dynamic full on black with black pack, Meridian surround sound, Fixed Pano roof.

Past MY17 SDV6 HSE Dynamic Yulong White and ivory leather.

Post #606625 Sat Nov 14 2020 7:36pm
Kenniff

Scotland 

ilard wrote:
rrsfan, go to www.autoebid.com, pay the £100 or whatever it is, then sit back and wait for the best price. Do not commit to buy. Take that discount to your favourite dealer, add 2 or 3% on top of that but settle for the autoebid discount level or thereabouts. I got my target discount doing this. Expect much handwringing, tears etc from the salesperson.

Only downside is I was put on a different build allocation process which made it hard for the dealer to predict when I would get it. But it only took 3 months from order to delivery (Sept 2019 order). It was certainly worth it to save over double on Rocker's no-haggle quote.

Good advice. I used the Which car website to get an initial feel, i called a couple of dealers including my local. I got the local dealer’s “best price” then went onto “autoebid”. I then went back to the dealer with the autoebid figure and got them to match it. In between i tried using “brokers4cars” but they were useless.

Local dealer put in a condition that I’d need to order straight away to get a March delivery (presumably before my part ex depreciated more0 but actually I wanted it ASAP so that wasn’t a problem. Just waiting impatiently now.

Post #609948 Sat Feb 13 2021 5:57pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12