Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > General (L494) > SVR Questions
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

DangerMouseUK

United Kingdom 2013 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Santorini Black
SVR Questions

Hey Guys,

Probably noticed I'm back in an MY21.5 SVR (don't think there was even an MY21 lol they just jumped straight to the 21.5 for some reason).

Few Qs for anyone that can help;

- Car exhaust sound seems to be randomly loud/soft at different intervals, would that be the exhaust valves not working properly? Is there a way for me to check if they're working as intended?

- Squealing/squeaking noise from rear tailgate area - just comes and goes completely intermittlently, its either the rubber or maybe something also exhaust related, not sure its definitely coming from right at the back?

That JLR Quality Control is still tip top, have about 10-12 areas of the car interior that are just poor manufacturing, what can you do though really, have taken pictures and sent to dealer but I don't really want them taking my car apart.

Noticed they've made subtle changes to the bodywork on MY21.5 and some of the door and window seals seem to be different parts as well, time will tell if they're improved or not I guess!

Small additional point - TOPIX doesn't show me any options for my car at all (only shows WVTA with a code), not sure if they just stopped doing it or if its just my specific VIN?

Cheers Non JLR Vehicle

Post #605995 Tue Oct 27 2020 8:01pm
BoldlyGo

United Kingdom 

I wouldn't even waste your effort on the forum, presumably you've just got the vehicle, if so start the process of rejecting it. See here:-

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/tips-advice/...-explained

I've checked with some of my buddies with latest MY SVR's having similar problems. None have had the problems that you've described.

Good luck P400e HSE Portofino Blue and Ivory Seats.. it's like a yacht!!
Lexus traded in ..a total piece of crap
Boldly now acquired - a Lexus RX 450hL
BoldlyGone...Sep 15 MY16 RRS SDV6, HSE, Barolo Black, Espresso/Almond interior.. Best car ever & Drop dead gorgeous... sadly with fuel dilution headaches that became intolerable
Arrived 2014. Oct - Lemoned March 2015- RRS SDV6 HSE
Boldly Gone = Sold for 14k via Pistonheads - 2006 TDV6 SE Buck Blue/Almond int

Post #605998 Tue Oct 27 2020 8:53pm
DangerMouseUK

Hey BoldyGo,

I'm not going to reject it, you take JLR vehicles for what they are now, nothing too major that I can't live with. I don't think I've had a single JLR vehicle that doesn't have some loads of small build issues, just the way they come.

I'm going to try and fix the bits I can as best I can, unless they're known issues then I'll ask a mechanic to look at it.

Don't get me wrong if there's anything massively wrong I'd reject it and have done before, but I won't do that over loads of small things, thats just part and parcel of owning a JLR vehicle these days.

Thanks for the article though man thats an interesting read will keep it saved!!

Thanks Smile

Also what MY do your mates have? As I said I think they've changed a few things on these MY21.5 cars vs the MY19 car I had a while back. Be interesting to know if they're on 21.5 vehicles as well? Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606000 Tue Oct 27 2020 9:10pm
DangerMouseUK

Alright guys, have any of you had these issues? (looked at valves more closely from first post);

- The rear end (tailgate/exhaust area) seems to start squealing at random intervals and its made worse by rough road surfaces.

- When you break to a standstill just before you stop there’s a thunk sound which doesn’t sound great.

- There’s an occasional thunk sound from standstill whilst pulling away.

- Exhaust flaps seem to have a mind of their own with no rhyme or reason as to when they’re open or closed properly.

Have stuck it all in an email to dealer just know it will start a cycle of more problems going in and out and just wondering if anyone had any of the above and knew of any quick fixes?

Cheers Non JLR Vehicle

Post #606272 Thu Nov 05 2020 8:32pm
MBSVR

United Kingdom 

Just put your foot down forget all those noises all I can hear is a ROAR 2020 Range Rover Sport SVR 5.0L V8 Supercharged

Post #606614 Sat Nov 14 2020 12:44pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1