RRSPORT.CO.UK

Forum   Gallery   Shop   Sponsors
Home > Faults & Fixes > 2007 TDV8 couple of issues i need help with.
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1

mobilemaddness

United Kingdom 
2007 TDV8 couple of issues i need help with.

H, Firstly let me say TIA for any help or replies.

As above I have a 2007 TDV8 currently on 110k miles with FSH. The issues are as follows:

1. EML lit, Erase code, and after 2nd restart it appears again. Code in Question is P0100. I have swapped both MAF sensors round and the code changes to P010A, Again light comes on after second restart after clearing the light, BUT.......The codes dont actually clear. I have removed them both and cleaned them with MAF cleaner. I have stripped the loom back as far as I can and wires are fine. I have checked the 15 amp fuse in location 17 under the bonnet which is fine. I have tested both plugs and both give the readings of 12v and 5v as it should. Does this point to a faulty MAF sensor?

2. Sometimes I get a suspension fault that that when lowering from off road to normal height it says obstruction and goes back up but if I press the button 3 times it goes to normal height. No codes present.

Thanks again in advance. Very Happy

Post #605360 Thu Oct 08 2020 2:47pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 2012 Range Rover Sport SDV6 HSE Orkney Grey

1. Points to a faulty MAF sensor. The codes relate to right and then left sensor. As it followed the swapping, it suggests the sensor is faulty.

2. Indicative of a failing exhaust valve in the suspension compressor. It's generally not considered to be a serviceable part so requires a new suspension compressor.

It might be worth you downloading the workshop manual. Search for user naks on here and there is a link in his signature. Thumbs Up 2012 SDV6 - it's missing a couple of cylinders
2008 TDV8 - it was a labour of love and is much missed

Post #605366 Thu Oct 08 2020 3:42pm
gogsy1956

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport TDV8 HSE Bali Blue

I find a lot of the time trying to lower the suspension with either my foot on the brake, or in Park it nearly always throws up this fault. Lowering the suspension when doing less than 10mph or Gearbox in neutral doesn't. 2010 RRS, TDV8
bali Blue / colour coded
side steps / flappy paddles
black perforated leather
22" overfinch
heated everything, TV,fridge ...... now with gold calipers and mud flaps !( black mud flaps that is) !!
Many years ago,,,,, 1955 series 1 landie , sometimes wish I had kept it

Post #605378 Thu Oct 08 2020 5:26pm
mobilemaddness

United Kingdom 

Thanks RRSTDV8, I was thinking the same regarding the MAF but wanted to double check before shelling out any money. There is an invoice for a new compressor in AUG 2019, Surely it cant of gone again, Only done about 2k miles max since fitted, It has been parked up as the previous owner died then I bought it. Also I forgot to mention each corner is at a slightly different height.

Thanks GOGSY1956, It only does it sometimes, Tried all different combinations. Handbrake on/off foot on brake etc.

Post #605391 Thu Oct 08 2020 6:46pm
mobilemaddness

United Kingdom 

RRSTDV8 wrote:
1. Points to a faulty MAF sensor. The codes relate to right and then left sensor. As it followed the swapping, it suggests the sensor is faulty.

2. Indicative of a failing exhaust valve in the suspension compressor. It's generally not considered to be a serviceable part so requires a new suspension compressor.

It might be worth you downloading the workshop manual. Search for user naks on here and there is a link in his signature. Thumbs Up

Been for a quick drive in it today. I have been raising and lowering susp quite a few times since last post and seems to of been fine, Wondering if low battery and lack of use cocked it up a bit. I have also used JLR SDD to adjust height of each corner so more or less the same height now.

Whilst driving it, And since getting it, it feels quite sluggish, I thought these would go like a stabbed rat compared to the 2010 3.0 TDV6 I had. Would a faulty MAF create such a big loss in power? also smells quite fumy from exhausts. Thanks again in advance.

Post #605526 Tue Oct 13 2020 7:03pm
mobilemaddness

United Kingdom 

**UPDATE**

Changed the MAF sensor today and cleared code. EML stayed off and feels pokey now Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

The suspension has said fault 3 times since last posted. Turn car off and back and and clears. Hoping this is a dirty sensor or something? New compressor fitted 12m ago.

Post #605775 Tue Oct 20 2020 3:28pm
Stevepd

United Kingdom 2006 Range Rover Sport TDV6 HSE Cairns Blue

Excellent news Thumbs Up 2006 2.7 TDV6 HSE in Cairns Blue.

Post #605797 Wed Oct 21 2020 6:32am
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1