Home > Faults & Fixes > Steering wheel feedback/wobble/pulling/wandering/heavy
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 2 <12

Sham91

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey
Re: Steering wheel feedback/wobble/pulling/wandering/heavy

DOCKER1LL wrote:
Hello,

Very long and annoying frustration with my 2012 RRS... I have been having issues with bad feedback through the steering wheel, car wandering slightly, pulling to the left, steering wheel wobble & vibration and heavy steering for going on at least 6 months now. I will list all of the items/procedures I have had done which haven't worked:

-All new brake pads & discs
-New steering rack
-New front lower wishbones
-ALL bushes front and rear changed to poly-bushes including anti roll bar
-Caster/camber done
-4 wheel alignment (multiple times)
-Wheel balancing (multiple times)
-Temp wheel change to see if the wheels were buckled
-Lower steering shaft UJ joint
-New front driveshafts

The list goes on, I'm sure there is more... I am spending an absolute fortune on this car to try and get the steering wheel and handling back to normal, and I am in far too deep to just sell the thing now.

I had the poly-bushes, front driveshafts and wishbones done most recently, and the car stopped pulling to the left, stopped vibrating a low speed (still continued at over 70) etc, then I took the car to be tracked (it was quite far out of alignment) and once it had been set up correctly the car started pulling drastically left again!!!

I think I have a problem with the propshaft and it seems to be quite loose which may be causing the vibration but the steering feedback is my biggest issue that I cant seem to get over - I feel everything through the wheel. (car is on 20 inch rims with Pirelli Scorpion Zero tyres).

Also the car seems to have heavy steering most of the time (not all) despite the UJ joint being replaced as I hear they cause that problem...

I could really do with some advice from someone who may have had a similar issue with theirs? HELP!!!

Hi Mate, did you ever get to the bottom of this... I have the same exact issue and done everything you have lol RRS TDV6 2010 Smile

Post #605730 Mon Oct 19 2020 8:08am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Grimble

United Kingdom 

I am a million miles away from being an expert, but have you considered the tyres themselves?
If theres a possibility to swap the wheels with a mate or a friendly dealer with a set it might be a low cost item to rule out.

I had a mate who had no end of issues like yours (different vehicle) but it eventually boiled down to a faulty tyre which was completely invisible to the eye. RRS HSE Dynamic SDV6 2014

Nemo mortalium omnibus horus sapit

Post #605739 Mon Oct 19 2020 4:51pm
Sham91

United Kingdom 2010 Range Rover Sport 3.0 TDV6 Autobiography Bonatti Grey

Yep tyre and alloys swapped and still the same RRS TDV6 2010 Smile

Post #605759 Tue Oct 20 2020 8:21am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Post Reply
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 2 of 2 <12